Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

dead dad at 7

daniell

• Members

my dad died when i was a meek 7 years old and i’m 13 now. i can’t grasp the thought of never seeing him again, help? therapy isn’t much help

• Members

Dear Daniell,

I am so sorry for your loss and what you were dealing with. It is difficult to comprehend the loss of a parent. Even people in their 50s and 60s and 70s struggle with this tremendous loss.

I know you mentioned that therapy has not been particularly helpful. Please know there’s no right way or wrong way to grieve and different things work for different people.

I don’t know if you want to consider joining a grief support group for young people. Or trying a different therapist or someone who is dedicated to grief counseling. I also tried reading and writing and taking art classes. 

These other grief websites might be helpful to you.

Grief in common

What’s your grief

Grief healing blog

Grief share

Please know we are here with you and this is a safe place to express yourself. I hope you find something that will give you some peace and comfort.

• Members

Dear Daniell,

Have you talked to your mom or other family members about your grief? Sometime it is helpful for people to "grieve together" and share the burden.