Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

im struggling

i miss you mum

• Members
i miss you mum

i lost my mum 19 weeks ago from a blood clot at home, it was really unexpected but i got to tell her i love her that day which is a comfort, she was gone really fast and she was with my dad at the time. Im finding it hard to cope at the min, my moods are out of control i fly of the handle at the smallest of things, my dad has also ALREADY got a new girlfriend that just about lives in his house, I'm not allowed to tell my Nanna about this but my mums sister does know, TBH I'm struggling with the whole thing and don't no what to do.

• Members

I am so very sorry for your loss. I am finding it difficult as well here lately. My father died in April and we were close. And I am working on estate stuff and my mom has her boyfriend around all the time. It is just too much right now. She and my dad were married when he died, but she has been seeing this man for 15 years. It's tough. I wish I had better advice to give. The holidays are coming up, and I am looking forward to seeing my son because he loves Christmas. But all my memories of Christmas have my dad in them. How do we deal with those things that upset us (boyfriends/girlfriends) without upsetting those we love? How can we grieve when everyone else seems to be moving along like nothing happened? Wishing you some peace.

Archived