Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

my dad was killed by a drunk driver,

ashley4

• Members

My dad was on his way to get family for thanksgiving dinner and he was driving to New Hampshire and a lady crashed into his car and was later to be found as having a high blood achol level. she was drunk and of course nohing happened to her she wasnt hurt or any thing she just crashed into him and had no remorse what so ever. ugh! I feel completly torn apart by this and the worst part about this was that the lady got seven years in prison and that is it... she isnt in jail at this point either she is scheduled to go to jail in October when it will almost be two years sense she killed him... Im not sure what to think i am still really hurt by all of this. 

• Sad 1
  • Hugs 1

• Members

Dear Ashely,

I'm so sorry for your devastating loss. I would feel the same way too and it's completely understandable to be hurt and angry and sad. I wish this lady had expressed some remorse to the family or did something to make amends or atone for what she did.

If you want to maybe consider talking to a grief counsellor or joining a support group. We all need extra support during these extremely difficult times.

Thinking of you.