Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Lost my sister in tragic car accident

Leticia Sophie

• Members
Leticia Sophie

I am lost for words...

It was 2 weeks ago on June 8th. 
My sister was driving in Miami with her 4 year old when the car stopped in the middle of the i-595 highway.
For unknown reasons, she stepped out of the car, telling her son not to move.
She was then struck by a car then ran over by a few other cars...
My nephew saw everything and is completely traumatized.

On the news (video from youtube)

The funeral is on Saturday and I am supposed to give birth on Sunday. Yes, I am pregnant and she was supposed to be the godmother of my unborn child.
She told me it's a girl, as I don't know myself cause we wanted to keep it a suprise.

I don't sleep, I have images running through my head, I feel lost, I am stuck between the horror of her death and the hapinness of giving birth...

I don't know what to do. I feel like depression is coming, but I have a 4 year old too and I can't give up now.

She had 6 children, 3 adults, that she had in a previous life if I can say (17, 26 and 29), and she was blessed with a second chance 10 years ago when she had 3 other kids (4, 6 and 9).

I love her so much, I feel so sad and the worst of it all is I live in Switzerland and as I am 9 months pregnant, I cannot take the plane to go there and be with my family and be part of the funeral which is killing me even more.

While praying for my water not to break, I wrote her biography which will be in the booklet, I made a whole testimony on video then edited it so they can play it as if I took the stand to speak on the day of the funeral, and I did a slide show with pictures retracing her whole life.
It took me ages, but I did it, sent it and this is my part on the funeral, I will try now to concentrate on giving birth...

And now that it's all done, I'm just left completely empty, waiting for Saturday. I keep thinking about her children who will now have to grow up without a mother, a mother who loved them so much.

Just need people to talk to. 

I feel lost.

Thanks

• Members

Dear Leticia,

I am so sorry for your loss. I wish this thread was more active and I'm sorry my reply is so late.

Sending all my thoughts and prayers. Please know we are always here to listen.