Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Father's Day

StillAlive

• Members

Well, another Father's Day. Come and gone. It still hurts. It still makes me cry. I still think about him every day. If there is a moment I want to celebrate, talk about, be in... I think of him. My dad. He was fun, easy going and the kindest person one could ever meet. **** I miss him. I am sure there is more than just me that misses their father. Fathers are like that. They teach you things, they go on adventures, they celebrate every moment in your life. I miss someone celebrating me. Being proud of me. I do have to say... My friends are proud of me, my brother is proud of me, and I him.  I am proud of myself. Before my dad died, I went back to school. Ladies, Gents and the non-binary... I just completed my first year of nursing school.  My Dad would be so proud. We would have gone out to a great concert and had a fabulous beer.  But alas, I spent the last week of school reminiscing about hospice and palliative care. As it was lectured on in class. Just remember some things....You are not alone, and for F$#K sake if you are... PLEASE reach out. We are here. We know what it is like. We might not be able to fix it. But S*&^ we can commiserate together. You are not alone. Our dads are gone too. Our best friends are lost to the unknown. We are out here and we get it. It sucks. It is going to suck for so long. You can make it. Our daddy's are our there. They are listening.  Here's to another fathers day in the books and too many feelings to feel. 

• Sad 1
  • Hugs 1

• Members

Dear StillAlive,

Thank you for sharing your thoughts and feelings about Father's Day with us. I know many of us feel the same way too. It's so hard. I took flowers to my dad at the cemetery. But still desperately wish he was here and I was able to take him to dinner.

We are proud of you, too. Congrats on finishing the first year of nursing school. 

For everyone that comes to this site, please know we are with you. x