Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Jack Bates

Jack Batee

• Members

Hi, my name is Jack. My mother died when i was 10 but its never affected me as badly as it has recently. She would have been 60 this year. I loved her so much and im not sure what to do. Ive started counselling but im not sure if it will help. Im just wondering if anyones got any advice?

• Hugs 1

• Members
MomsLovingSon

Hey, sorry to hear about you mom. I just lost mine in April and she was 70 (I'll be 30 this year). It's really, really hard. It's really good that you've started counselling; talking to people and sometimes it's a lot easier if they're strangers. Even being on here is a good step. There's a group that's doing Zoom meetings here too if you want to maybe check into that thread on this part of the forums.

Outside of that, I'd say just grieve however you need to. It's okay to cry or be upset (trust me, this isn't a rare occurrence on my part). I'm not religious, but I try to think that one day I'll be with my mom again which I find a little comforting (even if I'm personally very skeptical in my belief in it).

• Like 1

• Members

Dear Jack,

I am sorry for your loss. Please know whatever you are feeling and thinking it is normal. I know many of us put our feelings away and it's important to address them. I know for myself talking to people and getting support through counselling, grief support group has made a difference. 

We are here with you.