Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

support group meets today (Friday) on zoom

Summersun

• Members

Hey everyone,

we are starting at 7pm (Friday) the 17th of June on  zoom.

I wrote today to state it is this week not next! It is still Thursday when i write this...no confusion.

It is only the second meeting, many people travel, everyone is welcome!!! Here is the link.   Ignore the German...

It is 1 pm on the East Coast US, 6 pm London time. Please calculate from there.... there are time converters online

Grief support group
Uhrzeit: 17.Juni 2022 07:00 PM Amsterdam, Berlin, Rom, Stockholm, Wien

Zoom-Meeting beitreten
https://us05web.zoom.us/j/81877087535?pwd=cEJxQ2xhTTlsYVEySnhrV3dpWjBpdz09

Meeting-ID: 818 7708 7535
Kenncode: RrmhL2

It could be small, that is always the case over the summer, and that is perfectly fine to get to know everyone. You can come with camera or without, if you are shy or have little wifi, everything is okay. Please ask if you need anything else because of a disability etc., we will try our best. Next meetings will be determined later and posted here.

Hope to see you!

Best, summersun

• Members

Everybody,

I created this new thread as too many private conversations were under the old one and it got confusing to those who were not there at the meeting before. Please do not comment on the old thread, as that is exactly what keeps pushing the old one to the top, and then people do not read the new one - this one - which has the current zoom link in it....thanks

• Members

Hey everyone,

we have to re-start the link every 40 minutes to be able to use the free zoom. Here is the second one, everyone can still join, 1.45pm EST or 7:45 Europe mainland

Anna (sie) lädt Sie zu einem geplanten Zoom-Meeting ein.

Thema: Grief support group
Uhrzeit: 17.Juni 2022 07:45 PM Amsterdam, Berlin, Rom, Stockholm, Wien

Zoom-Meeting beitreten
https://us05web.zoom.us/j/82646483596?pwd=WTlkYkdmWHNzY2xuT3EvSHV2MVFhZz09

Meeting-ID: 826 4648 3596
Kenncode: Tp228k

• Members

Dear all,

here comes link nr. 3, for June 17th. 

We re-start the zoom in  a few minutes, everybody can still join, tune in even later, whenever it suits you.

Anna (sie) lädt Sie zu einem geplanten Zoom-Meeting ein.

Thema: Grief Support group
Uhrzeit: 17.Juni 2022 08:40 PM Amsterdam, Berlin, Rom, Stockholm, Wien

Zoom-Meeting beitreten
https://us05web.zoom.us/j/82110253518?pwd=L2RqYU9tUHFZenlqa1RIZVRoTExGUT09

Meeting-ID: 821 1025 3518
Kenncode: 94cd8A

• Members

Dear all,

I just saw in my emails that a few more people tried to join the meeting and it looks like they could not. Since your zoom names do not seem to match your usernames here, I cannot find a way to directly contact you. Please message me, and we will try to find out together what happened. My assumption is that you all used a link that had just expired and joined in the break, that is the 15 minutes we used until we started again. Or after we had just finshed the evening, as each link is only valid 40 min. Please write all your questions here and we will do our best that you can join next time.

Speaking of, next time we will meet again short notice! Because a lot of people have things going on, we decided to message next week and see if another meeting is possible then. If not enough people can agree on one day, we will postpone and then announce the new date. All messages in between are welcome!

Take care everyone and very sorry for the inconveniences the free zoom is causing. I feel really terrible about the interuptions, and unless someone buys a full licence, this is bound to happen unfortunately.

Have a great weekend, all of you!

Best

Summersun

• Members
Phoenix-Kat

Hello, 

Any new zoom meeting scheduled? I am back from my trip to my dad‘s memorial. 
Would be great to meet some people in the zoom call. 

Thanks 

• Members
KeyLimePie1

Hello,

I would definitely be interesting in joining a call! 🙂 I am from England so I may be in a completely time zone to some of you - but I can schedule myself for anytime even if its in the AM. I am off work all next week so time constraints wouldn't be an issue. Would be lovely to meet some of you!

Best Regards

• Members
MomsLovingSon

I'd be interested in joining too, but I probably won't be able to do it until the second Friday in July (the 8th). My time zone in Canada is GMT-4.

• Members

Hi, I can only say from my side that I had asked those who were there last week to get back to me until Tuesday, as we wanted to announce it a bit before, not only hours, so that more people have a chance to actually read it.

Unfortunately, everyone seemed very busy and I have not heard anything group-wise... so by now I have planned a short trip for myself and will have a hectic day Friday packing and finishing work. I could only join in short notice maybe, but will likely not host.

As it is summer and attendance is low anyhow, I suggest everyone find someone in their timezone to pair up, post a link yourself, or just wait til more people return from trips.

As a result from the last meetings, I can only say we learned the following:

Some people do not seem to know that free zoom meetings are only 40 minutes. Make sure you decide in the beginning how many sessions you want, when everyone has to leave, and how to split the time, or you´ll always get interrupted in the most akward times. Like, if you plan 2 or 3 runs, so everyone gets to share, or only one session etc. 

Also, post clearly on this board when you have a break to start the next one, and how many.

Like, 15 min breaks, in which you post: we are currently offline, will be on again at time x, that means time y over the pond, for those of us mathematically challenged.🙂

Otherwise, you might get like me, afterward emails in which people tried to join in the break or after finish time.

But you, the host, could not see that obviously, as you were on break. And you cannot even get back to those people, as they might be John on zoom and BigApple over here.

Then you will feel awful, because a) you know how terrible you feel on a bad grieving day, and then imagine, you try to join a meeting that is supposed to be on, but cannot, and do not get why.

And b) you might be hosting, waiting forever, possibly alone, in session nr 3, if more people want to join when others had to leave already.

And you do not get that Mary or John just tried to join right before meeting nr 3, and the other right after you gave up waiting for more people.... all because nobody calculated or wrote that. i.e a 7:40 pm begin time ENDS at 8:20pm sharp.

So someone trying to get in at 8:22pm is out of luck. Or someone at 7:38pm when the others were getting their bathroom break.

I always want to make the participation as easy as possible, so more and also shy people can join in. As I know, I might not come back myself if disappointed once. Hard enough to talk about grief anyways...

Which means, best post follow-up links on here or start new thread, if it gets too long too scroll down. Instead of just sending the link in personal messages to those already in from the beginning. That way, some people joining later can still see it.

That´s all I remember. Good luck, or see you another week.