Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

New zoom support group starting soon!

Summersun

• Members

Dear all, we have discussed it in many a thread, and now it is coming to life... we are starting a zoom support group!

Please, everyone who is interested, go to the in-person- support group - thread almost on top of the page, and send your contact to anj.

I want to invite especially those of you who have a hard time, because maybe the parent you lost was your main or only contact to the outside world, so that you feel all alone now.

But everyone can join, even if you still have siblings or a spouse or friends. The loss experience is often a lonely one, since not all people understand.

I' d just like to especially encourage those of you, who might need it most, but are a little afraid possibly.

This is new to all of us, so there are no requirements, and you cannot fail :-)

Come as you are, with a shitty computer or lousy English, we will all work it out somehow.

If someone could kindly copy this in the "8 months and all I feel is RAGE" thread,  which had a subsection for ONLY children, or contact some of those directly, I would appreciate that. Thanks a lot!

There were too many people for my small screen, but maybe someone here is really quick with copy and paste... thank you.

Looking forward to a lot of happy tears,

Best wishes to all of you, summersun

• Like 1

• Members

I am looking forward to the Zoom group.  I lost my dad 3 years ago, and I lost my mom just recently.  I feel empty and lonely all over again.  I miss them.  

• Like 1

• Members

Dear Summersun,

Thank you for organizing this.

I also wanted to suggest Grief in Common. The site also offers some online support. There is a small charge but it might be another option if people are looking.

• Members

Thank you

reader, and Kevin, welcome!

reader, thanks for the suggestion, did you even want to join, or did I just make you a member unvoluntarily ☺️

We only "met" once so far, and will again soon. two people travel currently. So it´s undecided if maybe we want to meet this Sunday. (instead of normally Friday)

Would either of you have time? 

Best summersun

• Members
SunshineSydney

Pls add me, I'm unable to find where to get in touch with anji. 

Thank you and I look forward to meeting all and sharing my story and some tears.  Thanks for putting a group together

• Like 1

• Members

Hi all,

great to see there is more interest. I assume anj is busy this week.

is there maybe one of you who can sent out zoom links? I only ask, because if we can find no one to host, we do not need to set up a day and time. I can collect names, but do not know how to set up a link to send out.

also, what time zones are you all in? Last time we worked on European time, meeting at 6pm London UK time (7pm on continent). That was already almost night for someone from India.

Sunshine, are you actually in Sydney? Because maybe that would mean we need to split into time zones so noone has to to get up at three in the morning or so... early evening was good for most, but that means something entirely different to everyone here...

let me know please.

best, summersun

• Members
SunshineSydney

Hello,

No I'm not in Sydney, actually using it as a name instead of the the actual city!

I'm in the US, EST time zone.

Timing has been really bad. Lost my mother Monday and now my father who just came back from the hospital/rehab from 3 weeks ago is now back home and having issues this evening. So timing is really bad....really looking forward to all of us getting together.

10 hours ago, Summersun said:

Hi all,

great to see there is more interest. I assume anj is busy this week.

is there maybe one of you who can sent out zoom links? I only ask, because if we can find no one to host, we do not need to set up a day and time. I can collect names, but do not know how to set up a link to send out.

also, what time zones are you all in? Last time we worked on European time, meeting at 6pm London UK time (7pm on continent). That was already almost night for someone from India.

Sunshine, are you actually in Sydney? Because maybe that would mean we need to split into time zones so noone has to to get up at three in the morning or so... early evening was good for most, but that means something entirely different to everyone here...

let me know please.

best, summersun

Thank you 

SunshineSydney

• Members

Wishing you strength! We think of you! Could you make Sunday for the group? Please let us know how you are hanging in there... much love!

• Members
SunshineSydney

I really would like to make group, depends on time and what is going on with my father. I don't know how I'm hanging but I am hanging that's for sure! Thank you

• Members

SunshineSydney, I hope your dad will be better and everything is ok. I am not the best at Zoom but I have a friend that could help me set up a link possibly. I'm going to ask her. If so, would everyone want to agree to some time on Sunday? I would really love to talk to folks face to face as I find it a little bit of a struggle to type with as much as I need to get out emotionally. Just a little backstory, I lost my dad back in 2016 and my mom 2020, both to cancer. I barely took 3 weeks off of work (not all at the same time), and I feel like I have not been able to greive, which is causing a lot of other problems in my life. Looking forward to hopefully talking to you all!

Best, Kat

• Members

Sounds good to me, Only not too late in central Europe please, as that mirght stir up a lot of things for us all.... thanks for trying KAT

• Members

Ok, here is what I did, hopefully it works! If you don't have the Zoom app I think you may need to download it.

Katherine Machado is inviting you to a scheduled Zoom meeting.

Topic: Katherine Machado's Personal Meeting Roomy32

Join Zoom Meeting
https://us04web.zoom.us/j/8619179860?pwd=OG0rTmtxdG8rYnVhWFZVZlpZMTRCZz09

Meeting ID: 861 917 9860
Passcode: 3zykYu

I'm not sure why it's not showing the date and time, but I did Sunday at noon EST.

• Members

Hi guys, I see a lot more people in this group that the other one where I was trying to set up a meeting. Shall we combine the group and then if it’s a lot we can split according to the time zones. 
what do you say? 
also I see that the meeting took place yesterday. When are you planning to have the next meeting? Would you like me to send a poll to check everyone’s availability? Then I can set up a link for the meeting 

• Members

Hello everyone, I need to cancel the Zoom I posted for today, I'm so sorry. We had to put our dog to sleep this morning, and I think my husband and I just need to be together. We were not expecting him to be in the kind of shape he was when I woke up at 5 to hear him struggling to get back to the bed from going potty. He has been in congestive heart failure for a few months and unfortunately this morning he couldn't take it any more. If you guys want to try again, or someone else organizes a meeting, I'll be there. Just let me know.

Thanks and sorry again, Kat

• Members

Oh my god Kat, that is such a loss! You have probably had your dog for many, many years, and now you lost a beloved family member. May your pup rest in peace. I had to put a pet to sleep before, and I know it is one of the hardest decisions to make, especially when they decline so fast, and you could not see this timeline coming, at least in this exact way. It is always  a shock.

Please take all the time both of you need. Sending love your way! I know you were struggling emotionally anyway, from your earlier posts, and I hope you have people to lean on, who are there for you with this additional challenge on top of everything else.

Looking forward to hearing from you at some other time. Now I send prayers to the soul of your furry friend, may he be free from pain, at least. All the best!

• Members

I just signed in to Zoom, and have set up a new meeting:

Topic: Kevin Grieving.com Zoom Meeting
Time: Jun 12, 2022 06:00 PM Amsterdam, Berlin, Rome, Stockholm, Vienna

Join Zoom Meeting
https://us05web.zoom.us/j/84673962206?pwd=cWhrNGFsZWxFSzQ3ZVNmajBMdFBiUT09

Meeting ID: 846 7396 2206
Passcode: 9kjB74

I have never host an online meeting, and I am not a talkative person.  I hope once the meeting starts, someone will take the lead to conduct the meeting.

Thanks.

• Members

Hi- new here ! I lost my mum at age 15 due to alcohol and my dad for the same reason in April. It’s nice to not feel alone so i’m looking forward to exploring these forums and being able to talk to people who can relate 

• Members

Yes. Shannon and I both nee to switch computers. can you send a New link and we Start back ar 40? 8 min from now?

• Members
1 minute ago, Summersun said:

Yes. Shannon and I both nee to switch computers. can you send a New link and we Start back ar 40? 8 min from now?

Ok

2 minutes ago, Kevin8988 said:

Ok

Kevin is inviting you to a scheduled Zoom meeting.

Topic: Kevin's Zoom Meeting
Time: Jun 12, 2022 07:40 PM Amsterdam, Berlin, Rome, Stockholm, Vienna

Join Zoom Meeting
https://us05web.zoom.us/j/89389349064?pwd=SGo3Q2pjVFUxYnZhRUs4alg5NHN5UT09

Meeting ID: 893 8934 9064
Passcode: Y343TC

• Members
SunshineSydney

Shannan Fetty is inviting you to a scheduled Zoom meeting.

Topic: GrievingMeeting
Time: Jun 12, 2022 02:00 PM Pacific Time (US and Canada)

Join Zoom Meeting
https://us04web.zoom.us/j/75105086863?pwd=dfMbZz0Ivef55hFOOEeLHeDWer0VEw.1

Meeting ID: 751 0508 6863
Passcode: 7gEbiw
One tap mobile
+16468769923,,75105086863#,,,,*811606# US (New York)
+13017158592,,75105086863#,,,,*811606# US (Washington DC)

Dial by your location
        +1 646 876 9923 US (New York)
        +1 301 715 8592 US (Washington DC)
        +1 312 626 6799 US (Chicago)
        +1 346 248 7799 US (Houston)
        +1 408 638 0968 US (San Jose)
        +1 669 900 6833 US (San Jose)
        +1 253 215 8782 US (Tacoma)
Passcode: 811606
Find your local number: https://us04web.zoom.us/u/fbYNB9cio7

It's set for 2pm my time, so in the next 22 mins. I need to feed dad and will be done by then. Sorry can't start sooner

• Members
SunshineSydney

I alos just remembered, the hospice nurse is coming by after 2pm, so I may not be able to be on,..won't know till she is here. I can still get the meeting started and you two can be on together. 

• Members
12 minutes ago, SunshineSydney said:

Shannan Fetty is inviting you to a scheduled Zoom meeting.

Topic: GrievingMeeting
Time: Jun 12, 2022 02:00 PM Pacific Time (US and Canada)

Join Zoom Meeting
https://us04web.zoom.us/j/75105086863?pwd=dfMbZz0Ivef55hFOOEeLHeDWer0VEw.1

Passcode: 7gEbiw
One tap mobile
+16468769923,,75105086863#,,,,*811606# US (New York)
+13017158592,,75105086863#,,,,*811606# US (Washington DC)

Dial by your location
        +1 646 876 9923 US (New York)
        +1 301 715 8592 US (Washington DC)
        +1 312 626 6799 US (Chicago)
        +1 346 248 7799 US (Houston)
        +1 408 638 0968 US (San Jose)
        +1 669 900 6833 US (San Jose)
        +1 253 215 8782 US (Tacoma)
Passcode: 811606
Find your local number: https://us04web.zoom.us/u/fbYNB9cio7

It's set for 2pm my time, so in the next 22 mins. I need to feed dad and will be done by then. Sorry can't start sooner

I can't get in.  It says: The host has another meeting in progress. 

• Members

I have the same problem. Interestingly, with both of your links. Tried each of them twice now. Are we cross-zooming, so that each meeting is an obstcacle to the other? We should close all, and decide which link to use...

which one should I click. Are you there Shannon?

• Members
1 minute ago, Summersun said:

I have the same problem. Interestingly, with both of your links. Tried each of them twice now. Are we cross-zooming, so that each meeting is an obstcacle to the other? We should close all, and decide which link to use...

which one should I click. Are you there Shannon?

I will let Shannon decide.

• Members

maybe we should move all of this to private messages. Think of the poor people who are trying to read all of this tomorow... This is the public thread. Totally boring to everyone else...

I suggest Kevin sends new link and we all join that one?n So that there is no confusion and blocking access?

• Members
SunshineSydney

I'm the chat but will look for new chat and having a hard time finding a way to private message or making a private group message