Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

To This Day

TAM1

• Moderators

@TAM1 Getting to know you here has been such a pleasure, I treasure you and your friendship...but I sure wish none of us ever had cause to be here...it's inevitable I think.  We've both lost our husbands and our red-heart_2764-fe0f.png.83c687105df1cea1e42ada136ecccc3a.pngdogs.  We live in totally different areas (you in a bustling city, me in the country) but can relate.  

Love you, dear friend!

4 hours ago, tnd said:

Keep in mind, your son and grandchildren may not be doing so well if it weren't for your help. Keep your eye on the prize and try not to deny yourself a good cry on occasion or a reward in the form of giving some time to yourself.

Sound!

• Like 2
  • Hugs 1

• Members

@TAM1

Welcome back, I remember you also.  You and I both lost our husband's in 2017. 

I am so sorry you have had to deal with so much over these past 5 years.  My challenges have been different than yours of course, but I too long for that feeling of safety, security and love that was always present when my husband was alive. Five years later I still cry sometimes.  But mostly I am happy to see my grandsons grow up. 

Life is so much harder now

than it was when my sweetheart was with me, but life is good once again. I am glad I have been able to help my son's family through Covid.  It's been a strange 2 years.  

I'm glad you came back to share your struggles with us.  It sounds like you have had a tremendous lot to push through. But you have done it!  You can be very proud of all you have accomplished.  Don't begrudge yourself a good cry now and again.

Good to hear from you! 

Gail

• Like 2