Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

It happened so fast..

ljinaz

• Members

I just lost my Dad on Oct. 16, 2011 at 8pm. His kidneys failed 2 1/2 weeks before which sent him to the hospital. He told the doctors there he had pain in his back and right leg. They did tests and we found out he had stage 4 metatastic cancer..he was so unstable with his blood pressure that he never tolerated dialysis enough to get his strength to try chemo. Chemo that would have bought him 3-5 months more to live. And, then -in a blink of an eye-he was gone. I am still in shock I think. I just can't believe my strong Dad is gone. He was the glue in the family. I worry about our 8 year old daughter who is the only grandchild in the family. She was extremely close to her grandpa and is having a very difficult time. She has been having nightmares and seems angry. I don't know how to help her when I don't even know how to help myself.

Today I spoke with her teacher and asked if the school counselor could help in some way. I am worried this loss will affect her at school, since she has shown signs at home that it has. I feel lost and also so helpless. I couldn't help my Dad and it hurts so much. I just keep telling myself one little step at a time but it all is so overwhelming.

Thanks for letting me vent. Its been a really tough time.

LJ

• Members

I just lost my Dad on Oct. 16, 2011 at 8pm. His kidneys failed 2 1/2 weeks before which sent him to the hospital. He told the doctors there he had pain in his back and right leg. They did tests and we found out he had stage 4 metatastic cancer..he was so unstable with his blood pressure that he never tolerated dialysis enough to get his strength to try chemo. Chemo that would have bought him 3-5 months more to live. And, then -in a blink of an eye-he was gone. I am still in shock I think. I just can't believe my strong Dad is gone. He was the glue in the family. I worry about our 8 year old daughter who is the only grandchild in the family. She was extremely close to her grandpa and is having a very difficult time. She has been having nightmares and seems angry. I don't know how to help her when I don't even know how to help myself.

Today I spoke with her teacher and asked if the school counselor could help in some way. I am worried this loss will affect her at school, since she has shown signs at home that it has. I feel lost and also so helpless. I couldn't help my Dad and it hurts so much. I just keep telling myself one little step at a time but it all is so overwhelming.

Thanks for letting me vent. Its been a really tough time.

LJ

• Members

honey, here is my e-mail address, e-mail me and i will try to share with you the information that has comforted me in the loss of my loved one. carolmueller@live.com

Archived