Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Heaven isn’t a complete comfort

Joan k F

• Members
21 minutes ago, Joan k said:

I lost my daughter Sophie, 17.  She was a passenger in a tragic crash. 

it was preventable according to me because the driver in each vehicle were under the influence of something

my point of Heaven isn’t a complete comfort , means yes of course, if your child passes away and you no longer have them of course the only other place you want them is with Jesus.

But, that’s not a total comfort to me, I mean ok they are in Heaven, but they no longer have you nor you them . I have the rest of my life without her and she lost her entire life. 

• Members
Love bugs mom

I understand your pain I lost my 17 year old son in November and still go to text him and call him and expect him home and everyone tells me he's in heaven but he had so many plans for his life I'm sorry for your loss

• Members

Hi! So sorry for you loss. I also lost my son to a tragic accident that should have happened. But sometimes these things happen unfortunately. As for the heaven part, of course we wish for our children to continue, even if not here with us, but it's not the same as having them here. We don't only lose our child, we also lose out hopes and dreames we had together. You can't get your daughter back, but you still have your life to live. 

• Like 1