Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

New very Raw loss of Mother

ABCookie

• Members

My siblings and I just lost our mom on March 24, 2022. I feel like I’ve just been walking in a fog, I’m so incredibly numb… being the oldest f(41), with siblings f(38), m(37), & m(31). My two middle siblings are so much more outward with their emotions and grief. I’ve got my husband, he’s amazing, we have kids too that I feel I need to help them navigate their grieving, they may be all adults but they’ve never had a loss this close to them. When does the numbness go away? We just buried our mom yesterday, 

• Members
17 hours ago, ABCookie said:

My siblings and I just lost our mom on March 24, 2022. I feel like I’ve just been walking in a fog, I’m so incredibly numb… being the oldest f(41), with siblings f(38), m(37), & m(31). My two middle siblings are so much more outward with their emotions and grief. I’ve got my husband, he’s amazing, we have kids too that I feel I need to help them navigate their grieving, they may be all adults but they’ve never had a loss this close to them. When does the numbness go away? We just buried our mom yesterday, 

Hi,

Sorry for the terrible loss of your mother. Moms are so special. I lost my mom 2 months ago to a sudden cardiac arrest. She had no ailments. I'm only 31. 

I don't know how I'm still alive. I think my mom is giving me strength to take care of my dad who is in a very bad state. 

Make sure you take care of your emotions before helping your kids. It's ok to tell them how you are feeling. I am sure they will help you. Also talk to your siblings. 

The pain never goes away. It's been 2 months and we cry everyday. I am a firm believer of after life and have received several signs from my mom. I am just hopeful that one day I'll meet mom again. 

Please take care of yourself and talk here. People who are going through similar loss will respond. It's always helpful to talk to people who understand your pain and can feel it.