Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

My Dad and I share a birthday….

Skyepilot

• Members

My birthday is coming up and I am absolutely devastated that my dad will be missing my 18th. I had thought I’d have until 20… I feel so so guilty for celebrating it when he can’t. I feel so alone and like no one understands. I can’t talk about this to my friends as they always change the topic. I’m sorry for rambling. 

• Hugs 2

• Members

Dear Skyepilot,

Please know you can tell us anything. Anytime. We are here with you. I know many of us would feel the same way about sharing our birthdays with our beloved dads. 

It's a special connection you have with your dad. By celebrating your birthday, you are also celebrating him at the same time. Remembering him. Honoring him. I find having rituals help. Maybe go to the restaurant that your dad loved. Bringing him flowers. Donating to his favorite charities.

Thinking of you.

• Members
On 3/21/2022 at 3:32 PM, reader said:

Dear Skyepilot,

Please know you can tell us anything. Anytime. We are here with you. I know many of us would feel the same way about sharing our birthdays with our beloved dads. 

It's a special connection you have with your dad. By celebrating your birthday, you are also celebrating him at the same time. Remembering him. Honoring him. I find having rituals help. Maybe go to the restaurant that your dad loved. Bringing him flowers. Donating to his favorite charities.

Thinking of you.

Thank you ♡ I greatly appreciate it.  Sadly he was cremated so I can't visit him or anything. I plan on maybe setting off a lantern or balloon. 

• Members
On 3/21/2022 at 4:32 AM, Skyepilot said:

My birthday is coming up and I am absolutely devastated that my dad will be missing my 18th. I had thought I’d have until 20… I feel so so guilty for celebrating it when he can’t. I feel so alone and like no one understands. I can’t talk about this to my friends as they always change the topic. I’m sorry for rambling. 

You can always share here. 💗

Have you considered trying therapy or counceling? Conversations with someone who doesn't mind listening to your pain should be healing. 🌷

I'm sending you hugs 💗