Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Everything feels so empty

Lara777

• Members

I suddenly lost my mother on Christmas Eve of last year, she died of cardiac arrest and was only 60 years old. My husband and I were  away for the holidays, so I never really got to say goodbye to her and we had to come back earlier to see my father and sister. It's been nearly 3 months but everything feels so incomplete without her, she was an amazing person who really gave so much to those around her, it feels like the world has lost some of its colour/ spark. I'm 21 and I know in time I will heal but I don't think I will ever be the same again, feel like I've been up rooted like a plant and just dumped somewhere. Looking for any advice on how to help the healing process.

Thanks

• Hugs 3

• Members
2 hours ago, Lara777 said:

I suddenly lost my mother on Christmas Eve of last year, she died of cardiac arrest and was only 60 years old. My husband and I were  away for the holidays, so I never really got to say goodbye to her and we had to come back earlier to see my father and sister. It's been nearly 3 months but everything feels so incomplete without her, she was an amazing person who really gave so much to those around her, it feels like the world has lost some of its colour/ spark. I'm 21 and I know in time I will heal but I don't think I will ever be the same again, feel like I've been up rooted like a plant and just dumped somewhere. Looking for any advice on how to help the healing process.

Thanks

Hi Lara, sorry for the loss of your mother. I lost my mom over a month ago to a sudden cardiac arrest. She was only 58 and had no health issues. I am very attached to my mom. I am unable to cope with this loss. I can totally relate to you. 

How are your dad and sister doing?

I don't think there is anything that can help us with this pain but listening to some audio books on grief has helped me a lot. "it's ok that you're not ok" by Megan Devine and "Anxiety-The missing stage of grief" are some which I listen to when I feel low. The authors have gone through the same loss. I would definitely recommend it.

Another thing which has helped me is watching afterlife videos (specifically Matt Fraser videos on YouTube). Everyone has their own belief so I won't recommend it to you if you don't believe in it. I was pretty neutral towards it before the passing of my mom but have started believing in it after watching videos, listening to other people's experiences and certain things that have happened in the last month. Knowing that my mom is still around helps me a lot. It helps me to keep going knowing that one day I will reunite with her.

Talking on this grief group also helps. No one will judge you here. I spend a lot of time on this group. 

Take care. Sending some strength your way.

• Like 1
  • Hugs 1