Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Mom and Dad

Natitit

• Members

Hi, I'm Natalie. February of last year I lost my mother suddenly and unexpectedly. She had a massive heart attack that ripped a hole in her heart, the blood loss and oxygen deprivation left her brain dead on life support. I was alone planning her funeral and tying together the loose strands. A month later March 18th I found my father dead in his chair. I got him on the floor and attempted cpr and chest compressions. The EMTs tried the defibrillator but he was dead. Everyone left me alone with his body on the floor so I lied next to him stroking his hair until the morgue came. Following all that my grandfather being the evil man he is cut off all my lights electricity heat all utilities without a warning so I was forced to pack a bag of my parents urns and a few family pictures and a bag of clothes, sign our trailer and all its contents over to the lot owner and get on a greyhound to leave the state go 2 hours away to stay with my fiance's family who were very cold and uncaring about my current loss

• Hugs 1

• Members

Dear Natalie,

I’m deeply sorry for your loss. What your grandfather did was unforgivable. I know it’s very difficult when the people around us cannot offer us the comfort and support that we need after losing the two most important people in our lives.

Please know that you are not alone and there are many resources available in the community and through church. Don’t be afraid to reach out and get extra support.

I also found these two websites extremely helpful in understanding my loss. One is called what’s your grief and the other one was grief in common.

Please take care.

• Like 1
  • Angel Wings 1