Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Recently lost my dad

Blondielv

• Members

I lost my dad three weeks ago and just can’t believe he is gone. The last time I saw him was Christmas, and I never thought I’d never see him again. I live in Florida, they are in Colorado.  The night of February 21 will always be the worst night of my life. We decided months ago to move back to Colorado, and I thought we were in the clear, nothing happened while I was so far away. I thought I’d be back and everything would be like it was before we moved away. I was not ready to lose a parent yet. And it pains me to see my mom hurting so much. It was very difficult to leave her after being there for three weeks, but I had to get back home to pack so we can get moved. I am just so sad that I no longer have a dad. How do I deal with this?  He was not even sick. He had a heart attack in the shower. He was only 71. 

• Hugs 1

• Members

Dear Blondielv,

I am sorry for your loss. It's a terrible shock to lose your dad so suddenly. I know I felt raw for the first two years. I hope trusted friends and family and colleagues can support you. Please know we are here to listen. I also found additional supports at these websites.

What's Your Grief

Grief in Common

Grief Healing Blog

Grief Share

Grief Recovery Method