Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

I’m just looking for the right person to talk to

gbartea

• Members

I’m 25 years old, an only child, and from the Philippines. I recently lost my mom to cancer and complications that arose because of it (bacterial pneumonia). My dad isn’t really present, but I have pretty good support network of aunts and uncles. They’re there for me, but of course, never in the way my mom was. She was my best friend, and now I feel really alone. It would be nice to find someone to talk to who’s going through the same thing. My mom was my whole life, I never thought my whole life could end up as just a part of it.

• Hugs 2

• Members

Dear gbartea,

I'm very sorry for your loss. Please know you are not alone. I also found additional supports at these websites. 

What's Your Grief

Grief in Common

Grief Share

Grief Healing Blog

Grief Recovery Method

• Members
9 hours ago, gbartea said:

I’m 25 years old, an only child, and from the Philippines. I recently lost my mom to cancer and complications that arose because of it (bacterial pneumonia). My dad isn’t really present, but I have pretty good support network of aunts and uncles. They’re there for me, but of course, never in the way my mom was. She was my best friend, and now I feel really alone. It would be nice to find someone to talk to who’s going through the same thing. My mom was my whole life, I never thought my whole life could end up as just a part of it.

I can relate with everything you are saying. I have texted you. I am broken and struggling so much. I am operating as a robot. I stay in bed. I totally understand how you are feeling. Don't suppress your feelings no matter what they are. Let's help each other. 

• Members

I would also recommend joining Sue Ryder grief group. It's an online group and i spend most of my day there talking to people who are going through similar losses