Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Making progress

Bill V

• Members

So happy for you!  That is definitely a huge step I've learned to accept we can't bring them back no matter what we do. Being miserable for the rest of our lives won't change anything besides make it worse for ourselves.  It's a lifelong process but a possible one! 

• Like 3

• Members

I am glad you have been making good progress.  It is definitely a hard road we are traveling.  While I too feel progress I still have those days were it is harder.  Alot of it is when my daughter is having a rough day (or week as the case may be)  My life coach says to keep a journal and write things down so we can see that progress on those bad day.  

Congratulations on your moving forward.  I am very happy for your progress.

• Like 2

• Members

Reading your post gave me some much needed hope. Tomorrow is the one month “deathaversary” of my beloved husband and I’m feeling pretty sorry for myself today. I can say the first two weeks were the absolute hardest, but these next two have also been filled with many many painful moments. Seeing pictures of us together doesn’t bring me joy yet but I can’t wait until it does. As for your thoughts of finding a partner again, I honestly hope you do. Sharing special moments with someone you love is the best feeling in the world. Thank you for your post and for lifting my spirits today with your positivity and progress!

• Like 2

• Moderators
5 hours ago, Bill V said:

I have changed my mind from grieving her loss to celebrating her life.

I'm glad!  To me it isn't an either/or, it's both.  It takes a while to reach a point where you can smile at the memories, it's a process and very individual in it's timeline.

1 hour ago, GoldenRose said:

Tomorrow is the one month “deathaversary” of my beloved husband

:wub2: (((hugs)))

• Like 1
  • Hugs 1

• Moderators

Wow Bill that's fantastic; glad you have made such significant progress! I'm sure your wife would be happiest of all with this :)  

• Like 2