Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Losing a grandmother

dessy

• Members

Recently I’ve lost my grandma aka Gmom. Because she was exactly that. A second mother. A best friend to me , we did it all together.. she passed from ESRD. Dialysis is something she always hated .. but having to watch her withdraw from it was hard. Gmom was in and out of the ER the last month of her life. Now I’m just trying to figure out how to continue living daily life not having her.. I feel in denial most days, suppressing. . But then reality hits me like a truck that she’s never coming back. 

• Hugs 1

• Members

Dear Dessy,

I’m very sorry for your loss. It’s so hard to lose a beloved grandmother.

Take your time to grieve and mourn. Please know we are with you.

• Members

I feel like I can relate to this. My grandmother had past away two months ago, and I continue to struggle with her not being here. She was a diabetic and also on dialysis and struggled with it as well. My grandmother was like a second mother to me, she understood me better than my own parents. I feel so grateful that I can say that my grandmother was a best friend to me. It is really hard to figure out how to move forward without her. I have a family to take care of and who depends on me daily and some days it is hard to not be angry or irritable. I do know this; grief is hard and messy and the love that I have for her is worth it and the pain that it is causing me was worth it. 

You are not alone.