Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

It's been six years and it still hurts

Artistica

• Members

I believe I have some form of PTSD from loosing my mother. I went to counseling a few times after it happened, but it really did me no good. It's been 6 years. I miss her everyday. I went through total devastation when she died. I put so many miles under my feet that it took years to get back on them. I'm doing ok now? I feel so lonely without her. I still can't accept that I can't pick up the phone and call her. My heart aches. The series of events rings through my mind, I'm traumatized and can't seem to believe all that happened in the course of a year, I'm an insomniac now. Anxiety ridden with Panic attacks. 

• Hugs 1

• Members

Dear Artistica,

I am so sorry to hear how you are feeling. Deeply painful not being able to turn to your mom for comfort and support. Please know there is no fixed timeline for grief. What you are experiencing could be complicated grief. I know there are many things I still struggle with and it's been 5 years since my dad passed. I can't even comprehend how fast the time has gone.

If you can, try and reach out again and consider talking to a grief counsellor or joining a support group. I know it's hard to find the right supports, but there are good and kind people in the world that will help you.

We are with you. x

• Like 1