Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Resume work?

Lost now

• Members

My mom passed away unexpectedly 2 weeks ago at the age of 58. She was perfectly fine and fit but got a massive cardiac arrest.

I have to resume working now. I can barely function. I dont eat anything myself. I can't even get out of the bed. My work is remote on a laptop but I Don't know how to do it.

Everyone is asking me to focus on my work. What should I do?

• Members

Two weeks is early to go back to work especially when your grief is so strong.  Hopefully work will understand.  Go at your own pace and take your time going back to your normal routine.  You sound like you are really having a hard time and I'm so sorry for that.  Just worry right now with getting out of bed each day and spending time with your family and any other support you have.  Hope you are getting through each day the best you can.  Try to stay strong.

• Members

you have to divert your attention on other matters. That can help you to relieve your grief for small moments. Small moments are all right, we cannot expect the emotions and grief to go away just like flipping a switch. 

You have to encourage yourself and motivate yourself to do other things except being sad and staying on bed. Need to get yourself moving.

Your mother will want to see a Happy You living your life. Try to think along this line. At least this help me from time to time.