Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

I don't know what to do

Lost now

• Members

My mom passed away unexpectedly 2 weeks ago. She was only 58. No health issues, she was for. I'm lost ever since. I haven't left my bed. I want death to come naturally to me. I can't end my life because I can't give more pain to my dad.but I have no hope left. I have to resume working on Monday and I am scared. I don't think I can do it. Please help me.

• Members

You can do it. It’s hard I know. I think of my mother everyday. Best way to honor your mother and her legacy is to continue with life. Take your time and grieve how you need.

• Like 1

• Members
1 hour ago, AlanMichael said:

You can do it. It’s hard I know. I think of my mother everyday. Best way to honor your mother and her legacy is to continue with life. Take your time and grieve how you need.

She was the one who convinced me to take this job and she was very proud of me. That's the only thing that can make me resume working but I don't know if I'll have the strength to talk to people. I just want my mom back. I'm so lost. I can't function without her. I need her the most. I wish I die soon so I can meet her. I don't want to live in a world without her. Ive this emotional pain which is way worse than any extreme physical pain I have had in my life.

• Members

I felt exactly the same way the first few months after my moms death. Everything became dark. Night time was the worst as there was no distractions. My best advice for you would be to distract yourself. Best thing that worked for me were hanging out with pets, animals and hanging with children. Children are so naive that being with them in their own little world helped me get out of the real world. 

I dont have much more advice as even after 11 months of my moms passing, it still comes in waves. Right now I feel like I need her so much that it physically hurts. I still want my mom and I am angry that she was taken so soon and that she was ill for so long. Life just keeps on going. 

Make sure that your surroundings (work and personal life) know about your situation. This helps just a little bit because you dont have to "act". Just let your emotions be. You dont need to do anything. Just keep on existing. Just keep on letting time flow. Slowly the pain starts to feel more manageable 

• Members
2 hours ago, Elio said:

I felt exactly the same way the first few months after my moms death. Everything became dark. Night time was the worst as there was no distractions. My best advice for you would be to distract yourself. Best thing that worked for me were hanging out with pets, animals and hanging with children. Children are so naive that being with them in their own little world helped me get out of the real world. 

I dont have much more advice as even after 11 months of my moms passing, it still comes in waves. Right now I feel like I need her so much that it physically hurts. I still want my mom and I am angry that she was taken so soon and that she was ill for so long. Life just keeps on going. 

Make sure that your surroundings (work and personal life) know about your situation. This helps just a little bit because you dont have to "act". Just let your emotions be. You dont need to do anything. Just keep on existing. Just keep on letting time flow. Slowly the pain starts to feel more manageable 

Hi Elio, sorry for your loss and thanks for the suggestion. I do have pets. I'll try to play with them. I'll also tell my team Abt the situation so I don't have to act and they will hopefully be flexible. 

Losing mom is like losing eyesight. I am lost in this world. I need her every second of the day.

• Like 1