Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

How I've been

Perro J

• Moderators

It's good to hear from you, Perro.  You've had a LOT to deal with in two months!!  I'm glad the job worked out for the better!  I am sorry you lost a longtime friends, that's so hard, I lost mine a few years ago, I'd so hoped we could spend some time together again in retirement, but she never got to retire. :(  And Covid on top of it?!  Wow!  I'm glad that's behind you now.  You're reaching where I've been for a long time, getting good moments which I have learned to embrace and appreciate, but of course it's not the same as the utter happiness we shared together when he was alive.  I'll take whatever good there is though, no matter how small or fleeting.  For me it can even come in the form of respite from shoveling snow. ;)

I hope things continue to get better for you!  And good luck with your new position!

• Like 4

• Members

Good to hear from you Perro. Like you and LMR, I’m at that same stage in time in my grief journey.  Work has been a good distraction for me thus far.  As LMR stated, a constant ache is always there.  Life without my beautiful Chong is simply not the same.

God bless, Steve 

• Like 4

• Members
On 2/11/2022 at 4:51 PM, Perro J said:

My grief, as it was explained to me here, has evolved. It is different than it was when I first lost my love. It is not as crushing and uncontrollable. I can laugh at a joke now. Enjoy a dinner with friends. Most of my time is still spent home alone though.

Perro J:  Thank you for sharing your update with us. You maybe feel alone at home but give yourself some credit for being able to laugh and get out a little with friends. Since our partners can't be with us, try letting yourself know that it's alright if it's just you at home. Nothing or no one can replace our loved ones so I think we have to look for activities we can do when we are at home by ourselves. And there shouldn't be any guilt about it because it really is alright to be home with no one else there. It can be both sad or good. Some people have pets, others do crafts and some people, like yourself, engage in online activities with people. I've been making a sort of list of things I want to try doing. Things I haven't done before but usually done by one's self. Hang in there, keep going! 

• Like 3