Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Starting to feel robotic

William M

• Members

I feel your pain, William. With me, everyday also feels the same. I don't realize the day is passing. I'm just like, here, living with no purpose, no direction. Most of the time I could not function. I could not think. I'm just here. At least for me, I have my daughter to look forward to, but she's not physically here. I'm currently working on it to get her back. But for now, I feel empty. Exhausted. Drained. My everyday life is just like a routine. A routine with no happiness, no love, no care. I feel alone even if I'm not alone. I'm just here. I try to talk to at least, one person everyday. I try to reach out to people. Please try to do the same if you can talk to someone that understand, really understand. If not, just continue to post here. We understand and we care. If you have other hobbies or things that you do before that makes you happy, try to do it. Don't force yourself though. Just try, even if you find little joy or temporary happiness. Appreciate those times. One positive thing at a time. Cry. Also cry, if you feel like to. It is okay to cry. Releasing it and talking about it is better than keeping it to yourself. If you need to share something, just say it here.

• Like 3

• Members

I try to look for anything positive or enjoyable each day. Sometimes it is the smallest most mundane thing but I have to say it, every little bit helps. I also try to distract myself. Sometimes I accomplish that just by surfing the internet or daydreaming about my future and what my new place will be like and even recipes that I will try to cook. I don't know, I wouldn't necessarily call it "putting mind over matter" but distractions do most certainly help me. I guess I learned this from living in pain from a chronic medical condition. Hospital staff completely understood that and gave me the little item I needed for a distraction during a procedure. It was like putting a pacifier in a baby's mouth. But if you have a routine and are able to maintain that routine, I'd say that that is a good thing right now, even if it's only getting up, going to work and coming home. Even when you fit in time to cry that is maintaining too. I think we place too many expectations on ourselves. There's really no need to be in a hurry to do other things as you are navigating grief. Give yourself some credit for being you and waking up every day. Come on here and talk or just post what you are thinking or feeling or what you did for the day or week. You are never alone. 

• Like 3
  • Hugs 1

• Members

Thanks everyone.

So thankful there are people here that understand. I just wish I had someone with the same understanding, but also knew her as I did.....

Again, that person seems to only be me.

• Like 1
  • Hugs 2

• Moderators
22 hours ago, SSC said:

Fortunately with technology we found our virtual coffee shop right here in this forum.

Yes, I love that you put itt this way...and I'm having my cuppa Joe right now!

GM Coffee.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 1