Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Birthday

VICNIC

• Members

I'm so sorry.  My heart is with you today.  David's second birthday since he's been gone is next month and I'm already dreading it.  Last year, I took my two dogs for a walk at his favorite fishing spot and took flowers to the cemetery.  It's tough trying to figure out how to spend days we always celebrated together.  

• Like 1
  • Hugs 2

• Members

Sorry about your loss. I know Im just not sure what to do. Just sit here and cry on and off I guess. I just lost  him in Nov. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Hugs 2

• Members

Those first few months are hard as it is, let alone the holidays and birthdays that make it worse. It wasn't until well over a year that I felt like I wasn't just a complete basketcase most of the time.  

Hang in there...I'll be praying for you.

• Like 2

• Members

I am so sorry for your loss. My spouse of 50+ years is gone now since Nov. also. Days of celebration are hard. We have already faced a couple of holidays too. Can you do something JRS would have loved? Can you fix a meal, pick a flower, visit a place the two of you loved and go there? Just sit in the car if you have to. It can be bittersweet. Since we will not forget them, we can remember them in ways only we know they would appreciate. Just a thought. It helps me grieve.

• Like 2

• Moderators

I'm so sorry, and didn't see this yesterday, I must have been and gone before you posted.  Those special days are so hard, my husband died five days after his birthday so I faced that and anv. of death both in the same week.  I hope you got through it okay.  For some it helps to make plans for the day, for some they choose to be alone, it's about honoring our way, whatever brings us comfort.  Sending you hugs.

• Like 1

• Members

Sorry about your loss. I know Im just not sure what to do. Just sit here and cry on and off I guess. I just lost  him in Nov. 

Thank you all. It's nice to talk to people going through this road 

• Like 1

• Members

I'm so sorry for your loss.  I feel your pain.  Valentine's Day is coming up and we were married on Valentine's Day.  It would have been our 22nd wedding anniversary.  With all of the Valentine stuff all over, it's pretty hard.  I don't want to go anywhere.  Maybe watch is favorite movie, listen to his favorite music, something like that to feel his presence again through your memories.

• Like 2

• Members

Sorry for your loss. My mom and dad were married on valentines day also. She still after 9 years has a hard time with it.  Hang in there HUGS