Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

New to this Forum

Summie

• Members

Hi Everyone, I am new to this forum.  I lost my mom 13 months ago....but was just told 3 weeks ago by a sister I haven't seen in 7 years, whom shows up on my doorstep across the country one day with no warning.  Tore my life apart.  I knew my life was hard, I knew my mom didn't care, but this was brutal.  I am dying inside and heartbroken.  She was on her deathbed for 8 months and requested I not be contacted.  It is really hard to deal with.  We had a fight......but nothing I thought would do this at the end.  I am dealing with it as best as I can which means I am not dealing well with it at all.

I thought I meant something.

• Members

Dear Summie,

I am so sorry for your loss. (((hugs)))  I too would be raw if someone did not tell me such sad and devastating news in over a year. 

Please know we are with you.  It's important for you to know that you did mean something. And your feelings are important too. 

I hope you'll surround yourself with trusted friends. And know there is additional support in the community and through church.

Thinking of you.

• Like 1