Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

I seem to be getting sadder?

William M

• Members

It's been just over 2 months, and the waves of grief have intensified. This weekend the waves seem to hit every couple hours, and after a good cry, I'm somewhat belter until the next wave hits. I'm just emotionally exhausted. I still haven't had even 1 happy thought about her. Any memory at all just brings intense pain and sorrow. What am I going to do? I want my boo bear back...

t

• Like 2
  • Hugs 2

• Moderators

This is actually common...after the initial wave of having to deal with funerals, paperwork, bank accounts, insurance, etc etc...and being initially numb from something which mandated numbness...the dust settles and gradually reality starts to really creep in. I can't give you any specific timeframes of course because it varies for everyone, but usually I think there is that "dip" into a worse state after that flurry of activity and you start to deal with day to day life without that person. But this will not last, at least not at this intensity. I'm not saying the pain ever goes away completely...how could it?...but it will gradually recede. The searing anguish eventually gives way to more of a dull ache kind of thing. Hold on. I know it seems impossible now, but you can survive this. 

• Like 3

• Moderators

As the shock begins to wear off and people go back to our lives, and (as widower said) we get done with the paperwork and notifications, we have more time for it to hit us and it begins to seep in...the reality of what we're left with.  The daunting task of realization.  I'm sorry, I know it hurts, we all realize the pain of loss too well...:wub:

• Like 3