Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Valentines day :-(

William M

• Members

That's awesome.  Do what you want and never feel like it's a waste or pointless.  I am hand crafting a companion urn for my wife and I.  I am making a memorial site on our property with a gazebo and stone.  I will do anything to make myself feel likei owe it to her.  She is as special to me in death as was in life.  This is your journey and do what feels right for you.  I believe she will be watching and enjoying the things right along with you.  I have regrets as well about a lot of things and it's hard to push them aside.  Grief is hard to deal with.  

• Like 3

• Members
Carolina Girl

My regret is I didn’t put my iPad down and just watch a movie with him instead of doing both at the same time.  I know I can’t have a redo so when it doesn’t seem to weird I will tell others to treasure those moments with your loved one.  Blessings to you all in your way of grieving.

• Like 3
  • Hugs 1

• Moderators

I really don't have any regrets as we didn't meet until our mid-40s and by then we knew a good thing when we found it, we lived our marriage to the fullest, but one thing I do wish is I had gotten him a better cell phone plan.  We had a strict budget and he'd always go over on his minutes, this was in the day when it could cost you a fortune if you went over!  He'd loan his phone to people, etc. which resulted in bills that broke our budget.  Rather than harping, which did nothing for his kind heart, I should have just gotten him a better plan. ;)

• Like 1