Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Lost My Aunt and Can't Get Over It

mariaacharles

• Members
mariaacharles

I lost my aunt on January 31st, 2022. I lived with her from birth to 5 when I went to live with my mom in another state. Her death really hit me so hard right now and I can't even stop crying. Her death was sudden and unexpected. My mom keep telling me to be strong but I'm trying. I can't really stop crying. She gave me a brown blanket when I was born and said she would give it to me to keep me warm from the cold. I still got that blanket.  I could really use a friend right now to talk to so I can feel better.

• Hugs 1

• Members

Dear Maria,

I'm so sorry for your loss. It's so hard to lose a beloved aunt. Please know it's normal to cry and grieve this huge loss in your life.  There are many supports in the community and at church. I hope you can talk to a grief counsellor or join a support group. I found these websites helpful.

Grief in Common

Grief Share

What's Your Grief

Grief Healing Blog

Thinking of you.

• Members

I am sorry to hear of your loss.

Your aunt sounds like she was a wonderful and compassionate person. She must have lived an amazing life and it's wonderful you were able to share in that with her.

It's always difficult to lose a loved one and we all grieve in our own ways and at our own pace.

It's okay to feel weak, it's okay to cry and be sad, and it's part of the process to recall memories of them. This is all totally normal.

I'm around from time to time if you need to talk =)