Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Life's little ironies...or maybe a sign

foreverhis

• Members

Foreverhis, 

7 hours ago, foreverhis said:

. . . Coincidence?  Irony?  A sign?  I just don't know.

Foreverhis, 

I don't know, but I'd take as John trying to send a message of comfort and support.

Hope the doctor had good news for you. 

Gail 

• Like 2

• Members

I've read everything and even though it's too technical and lots of medical terms to take, I wish your shoulder well. I hope you don't need surgery or anything. Hope you recover either way, and stop feeling the pain anymore. John is definitely showing you those signs and giving you support wherever he is. That's really sweet though, with the way the songs played. I would have probably end up crying really hard myself if I'm in the same situation. I know "Missing you like Crazy, "Missing you, "Ain't no sunshine and "Angel" Wasn't sure of "Someone like You" because you said it wasn't from Adele. My partner used to sing, likes to sing when she was still here and she sounds like an angel. I remember those times when she sings randomly while working and I could hear it from the other room. It was sweet to remember now and yet sad because I'd no longer hear her voice. Eric Clapton is an awesome artist and "Tears in Heaven" is one of my favorite songs. Now, I'm literally crying when I remember the tune and try to go along with it. No, no not yet. I don't want to hear those kind of songs. But yeah, going back. I wish you well physically. Please update us whatever happens.

• Like 3
  • Hugs 1

• Members
10 hours ago, Loriii said:

I wish you well physically. Please update us whatever happens.

Thank you so much.  I will update when I know more.

I do prefer to believe it was John giving me a sign that he's not "here," but he's still here for me.  I feel him in my life, so he's definitely present.

If you can handle it, this is the "Someone Like You" that I meant.

Van Morrison "Someone Like You"

• Like 3
  • Hugs 1

• Moderators

I'm glad the songs spoke to you and when they did, it sounds like you needed it then!  And I'm also glad you've finally got some answers, medically.  It's been 13+ months I've had my medical situation and still no answers, have a consultation with a gastroenterologist in April, who knows when I'll get the scope or answers, not sure I want to know at this point.

• Like 1
  • Hugs 1

• Members
6 hours ago, foreverhis said:

Thank you so much.  I will update when I know more.

I do prefer to believe it was John giving me a sign that he's not "here," but he's still here for me.  I feel him in my life, so he's definitely present.

If you can handle it, this is the "Someone Like You" that I meant.

Van Morrison "Someone Like You"

It's really nice to hear that you believe and that you feel John in your life. That you can feel he's still there for you even if not physically present. I'm just trying to endure everyday the feeling without Catherine. I feel weak. I lost my strength and my protector. I could no longer feel that she's still here. I talk to her every now and then. The memories are still fresh, but I couldn't feel her. Sometimes, I feel like I'm seeing the signs but it's probably just my assumptions. My mind trying to believe. Thank you, I just couldn't do it so I googled the lyrics, Like you with John, I thought of Catherine exactly. I've already found that someone in her. It just sad that I had to lose that someone so early in my life. Sorry that I had to write all of that. 

Please recover. I'll be praying for you. Please stay positive and continue to believe that your shoulder (and your knee) will be better. You will be better.

• Like 1
  • Hugs 1

• Members
1 hour ago, Loriii said:

I'm just trying to endure everyday the feeling without Catherine. I feel weak. I lost my strength and my protector. I could no longer feel that she's still here. I talk to her every now and then. The memories are still fresh, but I couldn't feel her.

In the beginning, we are in so much shock and pain that maybe it's not possible to feel them.  I didn't.  I talked to John through sobs often, but I didn't sense his presence.  Perhaps it's because the memories are still fresh for you that your heart and mind focus on them.  Over time, maybe you will feel her now and then.  I know my heart wasn't open to anything at first.  I'm sure it's different for everyone; everything about this grief is unique to each of us.

• Like 1
  • Hugs 2

• Members
1 hour ago, foreverhis said:

In the beginning, we are in so much shock and pain that maybe it's not possible to feel them.  I didn't.  I talked to John through sobs often, but I didn't sense his presence.  Perhaps it's because the memories are still fresh for you that your heart and mind focus on them.  Over time, maybe you will feel her now and then.  I know my heart wasn't open to anything at first.  I'm sure it's different for everyone; everything about this grief is unique to each of us.

This is exactly how I am feeling right now. I talk to her and cry. There were nights when I ask her to hug and watch me over during my sleep. I couldn't sense her. Of course, I know she wouldn't. I'm being realistic that things wouldn't happen just as I requested. Guess, it is a feeling that I'm longing for at that moment. Thank you for you insight and for telling me your experience. It gives me hope, at least.

Please take good care.

• Like 1
  • Hugs 1

• Members

Maybe our loved ones do bring us songs over the radio. Maybe we had certain emotions that we wanted to let out but hadn't before or not quite in this way and we finally allowed our eyes to fill up. Although a little different, I've been thinking of listening to songs my husband liked but that I didn't. Why? Because it was normal for us to listen along with each other no matter the song or music being played. That way we took turns and kept the peace. So now I've got to listen to some Steely Dan...thanks a lot, Honey. 

• Like 2
  • Hugs 1