Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Too strong?

BBB

• Members

Probably don't have too many action movie watchers here but there is a scene between a girl and Denzel, goes something like this:

Woman: There's no ring

Denzel: Hmm?

Woman: On your wedding finger, there's no ring.

Denzel: No

Woman: There's no Mrs Robert at home?

Denzel: No

Woman: Was there ever?

Denzel: Once

Woman: Did you break her heart?

Denzel: She broke mine

In the movie Denzel is widowed. Sometimes I tell people that. Not always but sometimes when I'm really feeling it hard, I will say that. Some of you may think that's a little strong but honestly she did. It wasn't her fault, she couldn't help it and she certainly didn't do it on purpose but at the end of the day, she broke my heart.

• Like 1
  • Sad 3
  • Hugs 2

• Members

I think it might be the first Equalizer movie, it's been a while since I watched it. He's sitting in a restaurant with a teenage hooker.

• Like 1

• Members

Yes. He has broken my heart. He didn't mean to but it happened. My reason for being alive has gone.

• Like 1

• Members

The equalizer, great movie. I don't think he broke my heart, it wasn't his choice.. Life broke my heart. I know I feel lost, I'm sure we all do in some way...

• Like 1

• Members

Just perspective. In the movie she didn't mean to break Denzel's heart as she died from an illness. Just because we say they broke our heart doesn't mean the blame is on them.

• Like 1

• Members
13 hours ago, BBB said:

Just perspective. In the movie she didn't mean to break Denzel's heart as she died from an illness. Just because we say they broke our heart doesn't mean the blame is on them.

I get what you mean now. I just didn't want to place blame on my partner. But I get what you are saying. yeah...