Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

I'm jealous of people who have mothers

Divine Feminine

• Members
Divine Feminine

I'm jealous of people who have mothers,

Because they always have each other,

With true love one breathes for the other.

Sometimes,I wish I was a mother .. .

For now,I wish I had a mother. . .

Basically,I'm jealous of people who have mothers.

• Like 1
  • Hugs 3

• Members
On 1/19/2022 at 2:54 PM, Divine Feminine said:

With true love one breathes for the other.

I couldn't see my mom for over 2 months because of the covid restrictions, which was brutal because we lived together for 60 years.  She came home with a tracheostomy and feeding tube and couldn't eat or drink anymore - very traumatic and heartbreaking because dining together was one of our great joys.  She was hungry and thirsty all the time, and her only son couldn't give her so much as a drop of water.  I had to hide from her in extreme despair and guilt when eating could no longer be avoided.  I lost her on 7/17/21 and now hate preparing and consuming food, and do so only out of necessity.  I never eat sitting down anymore.  When people who still have their mothers post FB pictures of the beautiful meals they are sharing, I know I should feel happy for them but can't help being terribly envious, bitter, and heartbroken instead.  Mom was all I had and her loss becomes more unbearable by the moment.              

• Hugs 1

• Members

I'm glad you posted this bc I lost my mom on January 8th and I have really been dealing with this jealousy lately and it bothers me. Most people I know /my age still have their moms.. Heck even their grandmas.. And I don't. And it feels so unfair. I don't have anything else to offer, just that I feel that too. 

• Hugs 1

• Members

I am sorry for your loss. I lost my mom Jan 11 2022 and I also have the same feelings as you do. I try so hard to not show how I feel to others who still have their mom. I feel like I am being a jerk for feeling like that. 

• Like 1

• Members

I experienced this feeling yesterday, I was in a shop, the cashier was chatting to a regular discussing how the cashier’s mum was doing and I thought, the cashier looks atleast sixty and she still has her mum, I’m not even half her age and I don’t have mine. I hate feeling this way.

• Like 1
  • Hugs 2

• Members
17 minutes ago, Connelly said:

I experienced this feeling yesterday, I was in a shop, the cashier was chatting to a regular discussing how the cashier’s mum was doing and I thought, the cashier looks atleast sixty and she still has her mum, I’m not even half her age and I don’t have mine. I hate feeling this way.

That is something I feel. Like many of my coworkers have tried to be supportive.. But they are far older than me by far (in 60s) & all have their moms. One told me that some day she would have to go through it too.. And I got mad bc in my mind it's not comparable.. She still has her mom.. She has been able to have so many experiences I will never get to have. My mom will never know her grandchildren.. Idk. I feel bad too.. Cuz I know losing ur mom at any age is hard. But it really hurts when they die young. 

• Like 1
  • Hugs 2

• Members

My mother passed on the 28th of January. She was a good woman! I’m 28 years old. I have a 4month old that she only got to meet a handful of times because of covid and me moving back home to be near her. She was crazy about her grandson. And was so excited to be a grandmother. She was everything to me. Someone who had my back no matter what and would do anything for me. It was a honor to be her son. I feel robbed and I’m angry. But I know she wouldn’t want me to be. She would want me to be a good person and believe I’m god. She believed after she died she would go somewhere else. She never feared death. She actually pulled her own ventilator tube out lol she was that strong lol 

Believe in god*

We probably all come from different walks of life. But we should all keep in touch. We can help each other in so many ways. It’s hard because not everyone deals with what we are dealing with. So we have to stick together.

• Members

Thank you all for sharing. I recently saw some mother-related merch (cups and plates with the word 'mom' written on them) and I got triggered and angry. It felt so insensitive to make these things without even acknowledging there are some people who don't have anyone to give it to.

• Like 1
  • Hugs 1