Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Lost my dad 3 years ago and mom has 2 weeks left

Jgg

• Members

My dad passed of a heart attack 3 years ago and my mom has 2 weeks left because she just stopped dialysis. I’m 22 and having trouble dealing with this. Any advice is appreciated 

• Members

Sending you so much love. Spend all the time you can with your mom. Find out what she wants for her funeral rites so you can mourn her in a way that is meaningful to both of you. Laugh, eat good snacks, both with her and alone. Remind yourself that joy exists in life and will be there to help buoy you during and after this difficult time. Ask her questions about your dad and about herself. Talk to the people you love, friends, family, whoever. Take time off of work/school when you need it through FMLA and bereavement. Take care of yourself. Ask for help with simple chores like dishes and trash from friends, they are happy to do the small things that seem big to you. Accept casseroles.set reminders on your phone so you don't have to worry about small stuff. when you feel ready do your hobbies, get people to do them with you so you are forced to do productive joyful stuff. 

You will be ok, it will be hard, but you will be ok. And that's what your parents want- you to be ok and thrive. They love you and always will.

• Members
Divine Feminine

Honey,no amount of advice can prepare you for what's happening. I cannot begin to imagine the thoughts and feelings and pain and confusion that you are going through.

As someone who lost both parents,two years apart,I can only cry with you and tell you it will get better. There is no formula for what you are going through,but I know that in this world nothing is given to us that we can't handle..so I know you have the strength to handle this with grace.

And when it gets too bad,Just remember, no matter how bad it gets,we are stronger than our thoughts. You are stronger than your thoughts.

I'm sending healing and love your way.

Stay Strong,Hold On.