Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Loss of 22 year old son

jeana

• Members

I lost my 22 year old son on September 22, 2011. My father found him laying in my kitchen floor. It has not been determined if it was suicide or accidental gun shot. My husband (his father) killed himself on December 25th, 2010. I also lost my new born baby grand daughter on January 14, 2011. I can't handle any more pain. I miss my son so bad at times, I think its going to consume me. The thought of never seeing him again, never getting to meet any children he might of had just kills me. I have 2 other grown boys, and 3 grand children. I know I must go on for them, I just don't know how too.

• Members

Josie-I'm so sorry for all of your losses. My 20 year old son Westley died on Jan 13, 2010, 6 days before he would have been 21, in his sleep at a friend's house. It is a loss like no other, I'm sure I don't have to tell you that since you have been through so many losses in so short of a time. I post on Loss of Adult Child thread and while your losses go beyond that, I am certain that you will find comfort there in talking to others who know at least part of your pain. It helps to talk about them where you can cry and rage and ramble on and on about what you're feeling and going through. Being here has helped me so much and I've met so many wonderful people who understand.

• Members

Josie - I am so very sorry that this terrible loss had found it's way to you. I lost my 16 yr old daughter 3 weeks ago. Not sure that I know what to say at this moment other than, "I'm so sorry." There folks I have met through this sight are continuously in my thoughts and heart....you have now joined them. Many prayers will be lifted on your behalf.

Susan - Shannon's Mom

• Members

I lost my only daughter in a car crash at the age of 21 (almost 8 years ago), and this year I lost my youngest son from a gunshot wound to the head (at the age of 24). Both were under very violent circumstances. There are no words to describe the mess going on in my heart and in my head. I really don't understand why I have been given the strength to take such hits and not lose it completely. I am new to this online grieving support, and after reading several posts I do feel comfort knowing many are strong, brave people trying their best to cope with their own loss.

• Members

Hi - I'm Shannon's Mom. I have only recently lost Shannon due to a car accident....I cannot fathom losing two children, nor can I begin to know why this loss has come to you twice. There are many others here that are further along in this journey than I am, and I trust that they will have the words of comfort you need at this moment. You will be welcomed, encouraged and accepted here. Please post in the Loss of Adult Child Forum and tell us about your children. Praying for peace to find you. May the spirits of your children surround you with love and comfort.

Susan - Shannon's Mom

Archived