Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Holidays & Anniversaries

nikkinaz

• Members
3 hours ago, nikkinaz said:

I know so many of us are feeling this and amongst the “festive season” it seems to be amplified. I just want to sleep till end January. 

I'd like to just skip over the holidays too. I'm in no mood and too much else on my mind. Next year might be better. We can hope.  

• Like 2
  • Hugs 1

• Moderators

It has to be doubly hard with his anv of death coming.  I read your date as March 1, realize my mistake as I see you're from the UK not US. ;)  You're in my thoughts and prayers going into this time of year.  :wub:  I'm glad you posted.

I hope some of these articles help you through this, figuring out how to do this, it's hard, I know.
Anniversary of a Loved One's Death
Anniversary of death tips
Anniversary of Death

Holiday Blues
Holiday Coping: Suggested Resources 2015
Holiday grief
Holiday Griever
Holiday Tips
Holidays
Holiday Traditions WYG

• Like 2

• Members
On 12/17/2021 at 3:27 PM, nikkinaz said:

I just want to sleep till end January. 

I feel this way a lot.  It was my birthday recently and I considered going back to bed so I could just wake up and it would be a new day.  My wife always went out of her way to try to make my birthdays good.

• Like 1
  • Hugs 1

• Members
Jennifer Uren
On 12/17/2021 at 2:27 PM, nikkinaz said:

Hi,

I haven’t posted in a while and have been on and off reading posts. I know one has been written for the holidays and a lot has been written for anniversaries. This is my first Christmas without my husband and also the first anniversary of his death is coming up in 3rd January. Never in my life have I experienced such deep and despairing emotions.

The loneliness and sadness and the range of emotions that seem to swing all over the place like a scribbled drawing is overwhelming.  I feel all kinds of despair, sadness, almost a rage, anxiety.  I almost seem have lost “control” over my heart and mind. 

I know so many of us are feeling this and amongst the “festive season” it seems to be amplified. I just want to sleep till end January. 

@nikkinaz This is my first Christmas without my loving, wonderful fiancé. In fact tomorrow it will be 4 weeks since he passed away. They way you described your emotions resonates with me for I feel the same. The overwhelming swarm of grief often consumes me to the point that I just simply want to sleep through it. I’m tired of hurting. Although I’d never wish this on anyone, it helps coming here and reading the stories of those that have personally experienced the same pain. It gives me a sense of normalcy knowing I’m not alone. Thank you for sharing. I wish the best for all of us trying to navigate our way through this.

• Like 2
  • Hugs 1