For me rituals seem to be helping.

This is great!  It's so good you realize this and focus on this.  :wub:

On 11/25/2021 at 8:53 AM, cmp34 said:

I lean toward ritual over routine.

And nothing wrong with either/both!

• Hugs 1

• Members
On 11/25/2021 at 10:19 AM, Michael M said:

I have lived by the clock before and I pretty much despise living a regimented life.  So a lot of the basics of a routine do not fit well for me.  However, I found I am full of what she calls unwritten rules (code of conduct) and I seem to establish rituals. 

Michael M:  This is very interesting. Thanks for sharing it with us, Michael. I have long lived a life of routine and...have hated it. But even before losing my husband I'd feel out of sorts if I didn't keep to a routine. And now with the grief, I feel out of sorts no matter what. But I have found that a routine acts as a sort of distraction or break from the grief. It forces my mind to focus on something else. Doesn't mean I totally ignore grief, though. As I can, I try to hold back until the end of the day or before bed. Of course, we can't always hold back our tears but for me, setting aside a block of time to cry and grieve and do nothing else kind of helps. For you it is the rituals. I am hoping that once I get my own place I can establish some rituals myself instead of having to find something to do to avoid the crying.  

• Like 2
  • Hugs 2