Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

ANTICIPATORY GRIEF

Mkpeteus

• Members

My dad has congestive heart failure and end stage COPD. His flare ups are becoming frequent and traumatic. A few days ago he was missing for 10 hours when finally the police pinged his phone and found him unresponsive in his truck in a parking lot and he was rushed away to the hospital and put on life support. This is the 5th time over the past few years where we’ve been told he probably won’t make it. 
the anticipatory grief and PTSD is unreal. Today I was at the store and heard a kids toy police car siren and my heart sank and I started feeling overwhelmed with sadness and flashbacks of the ambulance taking my dad away. I can’t imagine life without him. I love him so much. 
the worst part is knowing how hard he fights every day just to stay alive. Knowing he’s going through this hurts my heart, he doesn’t deserve it. I’m sad for him. 

• Hugs 2

• Members

Dear Mkpeteus,

I'm so sorry to hear what your dad is going through. It's so hard to see loved ones suffer. I wanted my dad to have an easier path and to enjoy his retirement playing with grandkids.

Please know we are with you. And this is safe place to express yourself and your worries. I would also consider counselling and a support group. We all need extra support and compassion during these difficult times.

Thinking of you.

• Like 1
  • Hugs 1