Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

I lost my wife on our anniversary

LennyD

• Moderators

Lenny, I am so sorry!  I thought it was hard enough losing George on Father's Day, I get double-whammied most years with the anv. of death being on June 19 AND on Father's Day...now they've gone and made a holiday out of Juneteenth, so I get both days drummed into me.  The death day is one I'd like to forget but that, of course, never happens.  I am so sorry for your loss, and that it falls on your anniversary is more than anyone should have to bear.  

I do hope you'll continue to come here and read/post as it helps to express yourself where other get it and understand.  Oftentimes our family/friends cannot possibly get it, no one can unless they've been through it themselves.

Widower is right, we all have our own timetable and there is no right or wrong way to handle our grief...unless it'd be shoving it aside continually...because that doesn't work.  I've seen it hit 20 years later with a vengeance, there's no escaping this unfortunately.  If there was, we all would have found it by now.

We don't get over this but eventually we learn to live with it...some here doubt this but they're still fairly early in their journey, I felt the same early on...it's been 16 years now.  It's not the same now as it was day one.  Day one my world had just ended, and the pain was beyond description!  Pain, panic, fear, not knowing how I'd do this....

I learned to take one day at a time and try not to think too far ahead.  I do that still.

I want to share an article I wrote of the things I've found helpful over the years, in the hopes something will be of help to you either now or on down the road.

TIPS TO MAKE YOUR WAY THROUGH GRIEF

There's no way to sum up how to go on in a simple easy answer, but I encourage you to read the other threads here, little by little you will learn how to make your way through this.  I do want to give you some pointers though, of some things I've learned on my journey.

• Take one day at a time.  The Bible says each day has enough trouble of it's own, I've found that to be true, so don't bite off more than you can chew.  It can be challenging enough just to tackle today.  I tell myself, I only have to get through today.  Then I get up tomorrow and do it all over again.  To think about the "rest of my life" invites anxiety.
  • Don't be afraid, grief may not end but it evolves.  The intensity lessens eventually.
  • Visit your doctor.  Tell them about your loss, any troubles sleeping, suicidal thoughts, anxiety attacks.  They need to know these things in order to help you through it...this is all part of grief.
  • Suicidal thoughts are common in early grief.  If they're reoccurring, call a suicide hotline.  I felt that way early on, but then realized it wasn't that I wanted to die so much as I didn't want to go through what I'd have to face if I lived.  Back to taking a day at a time.  Suicide Hotline - Call 1-800-273-8255 or www.crisis textline.org or US and Canada: text 741741 UK: text 85258 | Ireland: text 50808
  • Give yourself permission to smile.  It is not our grief that binds us to them, but our love, and that continues still.
  • Try not to isolate too much.  
  • There's a balance to reach between taking time to process our grief, and avoiding it...it's good to find that balance for yourself.  We can't keep so busy as to avoid our grief, it has a way of haunting us, finding us, and demanding we pay attention to it!  Some people set aside time every day to grieve.  I didn't have to, it searched and found me!
  • Self-care is extremely important, more so than ever.  That person that would have cared for you is gone, now you're it...learn to be your own best friend, your own advocate, practice self-care.  You'll need it more than ever.
  • Recognize that your doctor isn't trained in grief, find a professional grief counselor that is.  We need help finding ourselves through this maze of grief, knowing where to start, etc.  They have not only the knowledge, but the resources.
  • In time, consider a grief support group.  If your friends have not been through it themselves, they may not understand what you're going through, it helps to find someone somewhere who DOES "get it". 
  • Be patient, give yourself time.  There's no hurry or timetable about cleaning out belongings, etc.  They can wait, you can take a year, ten years, or never deal with it.  It's okay, it's what YOU are comfortable with that matters.  
  • Know that what we are comfortable with may change from time to time.  That first couple of years I put his pictures up, took them down, up, down, depending on whether it made me feel better or worse.  Finally, they were up to stay.
  • Consider a pet.  Not everyone is a pet fan, but I've found that my dog helps immensely.  It's someone to love, someone to come home to, someone happy to see me, someone that gives me a purpose...I have to come home and feed him.  Besides, they're known to relieve stress.  Well maybe not in the puppy stage when they're chewing up everything, but there's older ones to adopt if you don't relish that stage.
  • Make yourself get out now and then.  You may not feel interest in anything, things that interested you before seem to feel flat now.  That's normal.  Push yourself out of your comfort zone just a wee bit now and then.  Eating out alone, going to a movie alone or church alone, all of these things are hard to do at first.  You may feel you flunked at it, cried throughout, that's okay, you did it, you tried, and eventually you get a little better at it.  If I waited until I had someone to do things with I'd be stuck at home a lot.
  • Keep coming here.  We've been through it and we're all going through this together.
  • Look for joy in every day.  It will be hard to find at first, but in practicing this, it will change your focus so you can embrace what IS rather than merely focusing on what ISN'T.  It teaches you to live in the present and appreciate fully.  You have lost your big joy in life, and all other small joys may seem insignificant in comparison, but rather than compare what used to be to what is, learn the ability to appreciate each and every small thing that comes your way...a rainbow, a phone call from a friend, unexpected money, a stranger smiling at you, whatever the small joy, embrace it.  It's an art that takes practice and is life changing if you continue it.
  • Eventually consider volunteering.  It helps us when we're outward focused, it's a win/win.

(((hugs))) Praying for you today.

• Like 4

• Members
On 7/12/2021 at 6:35 PM, LennyD said:

We raised good kids (they're in their 30s). I'm so proud. And I'm glad and thankful and appreciative of them, because I need them now.

LennyD:  They probably need you, too. Whether they realize it or not, they are probably trying to find ways to honor their mother and to "keep her close by". Maybe for them they know that their mother would want the 3 of you to stick together and help each other. You're still a family.  

• Like 4

• Moderators
17 hours ago, LennyD said:

Their situation in life is different than mine. They have their spouses.

Exactly.  Every loss is different.  I can't speak for others but for me, losing my husband is by far the hardest loss I've had...the second hardest was my dog, Arlie.  Those who are an integral part of our everyday lives, whose lives/love/caring was enveloped with ours, they are huge losses.

• Like 2
  • Hugs 1

• Members
On 7/13/2021 at 5:28 PM, LennyD said:

I wonder how long it will last, but at least they're trying.That's all I ask.

Lenny, 

I have 2 boys in their 30s also. They have been very good at keeping in touch with me. 

We have sort of fabricated some reasons to be in touch. For example,  my eldest lives in Atlanta,  so both boys and I watched the Atlanta Hawks in the playoffs (all three of us in our separate homes) but we would text each other during the game, call and chat about the most recent game and the one coming up.  It was so nice to share that time with them.  They would have talked basketball with their dad, but I think they really enjoyed me stepping up and taking an interest. 

I am four and a half years into this, so I'm not in that zombie, nothing matters period.  But when you are able in the future, it's good to look for opportunities to be in contact with your boys. 

Gail

• Like 4

• Moderators

This is why I can only do "one day at a time..." in that fresh time of grief having to break it down into an hour or even just a minute.  Sometimes I think I'm better off not knowing what the future holds.  Life hasn't been too kind excepting the time I had George with me.

• Hugs 4

• Members

june483,

I have said many many times my wife WAS my EVERYTHING and I am NOTHING without her. She was 18 when we met I was 26, we married when she was 19 and me 27 she died at 53 and I am 61 (I feel like I died as well). Everything we did was for each other as I cared more for her than myself and she cared more for me than she did herself and maybe that was part of what caused her death. All I know is every TRIGGER is frequent and relentless and coming more frequently every day. I also have no choice but to accept the fact she died I just HATE the FACT that she died. I HATE being ALONE because we were a team in our life and in what we were doing. I wish you and everyone who has to go through this the best for "our" way forward. It is HARD for me but maybe it will be easier for others.

• Like 2
  • Hugs 2

• Members
4 hours ago, John9 said:

I know it doesn't follow the "rules" of "moving on" but this is me.

@John9 John, I'd like to suggest this: To hell with the so-called rules of moving on.  Nobody has the authority to predict where I "should" be at a given point in time. As many people here have already stated more eloquently than me, there are NO rules for moving on.  We're all on our individual journeys. We'll each decide what moving on means to each of us.  Me personally, I'll never move on -- and I couldn't give a rat's arse. My wife -- like yours -- was my EVERYTHING.  I may, one day, reach a point where the grief doesn't come in such overpowering waves, but that doesn't mean I'll "move on." Maybe it just means that I'll be better able to manage the grief.  Peace to you.

• Like 3

• Members

Jemiga70,

Thank you for the comments, I also believe I will NEVER move on and SADLY I am not sure I want to. I KNOW I WILL NEVER STOP MISSING her and will NEVER STOP LOVING her. It's just so hard not having her here with me, I talk to her but she "doesn't" answer me and she doesn't give me the SMILE that I FELL IN LOVE with that made my day and my life. Where I am it has rained the majority of the last 30 days and it's raining now which isn't helping in the least and weather NEVER bothered me before her death. It is just one of the many things that trigger me and cause the waves of emotions. I know "we" who are here don't fit the "norm" and didn't or don't follow societies "rules" for grieving and that is why it is so hard, if only the support system was "better".

• Like 2

• Members

Lenny,  So sorry for your loss.  We have 2 adult children who are very supportive of me also, but they have family's, jobs and their own lives. I am thankful for the time they spend with me.  I was 18 and my husband was 24 when we met.  Married at 20 and 26.  We were married for 43 years.  My husband passed away in October 2020 at 69, I am 64.  I miss him every day more and more.  I feel lost without him.  I will always love and miss him. I am trying to take one day at a time and to look for things to be grateful for, like my newborn grandson. Such a joy!  My husband was a gift in my life, I will always treasure the time we had together. I wish we would have had more time together......

• Like 1
  • Hugs 3

• Members

annie123,

I am sorry for your loss, it just seems like "all" of us who married "young" are really having the same problem. Too much "loss" of the most important person in our LIFE. You are one of the the group of people that we were in, the ones who made the commitment that it was for life and now sadly it is a LONELY life ALONE. You spent more than half of your lives together like my wife and I did and now I don't know what to do without her. It's not like I don't know how to do things because I "ran" the house and "cleaned" the house because of our situation she was the sole wage-earner for the household and it worked for us but now there is that "issue" along with everything else. Stress is not a "friend" to GRIEVERS.

• Like 1

• Members

LennyD,

How are you holding up? I know it is a "stupid" question but I also know it is hard. Everything that I read about you and your wife is how it was with my wife. She was the one who was in charge of everything, I was "only" the grunt work if she said jump I did and if she wanted anything I would try to find a way to get it. I don't know how I'm going to make it without her and her Birthday is in a few weeks and I don't have a good feeling about it as the other triggers were hard and mostly they were just "holidays" not something IMPORTANT like a birthday for the MOST IMPORTANT PERSON.

• Like 1

• Members

John9,

It's a roller coaster for me. I'll be fine for a while, then I'll bust out crying. The least little thing gets me grieving. Her toothbrush, for example.

I did have a couple good days, and for them I'm thankful, but on the third day I woke up sobbing. 

So many people on this board with situations similar to mine. I'm glad for the sharing, but I feel for you all too. This is not a club I want to be in. it's not a club I'd want anyone to be in.

it's been 2 1/2 months for me. Many of you folks are close to a year or have many years under you belt and I'm thinking "This is me in 9 months, a year and a half, two years." I will love her always. I will grieve for her always. This is my new normal. What a shock. Three months ago this situation was the farthest thing from my mind. I still have a hard time accepting it. Grasping it. And like you all, I wonder...how many years do I have to put up with this misery before I get to join her. This is real torture. But I also believe that it's the only way. Suicide is out of the question. I feel like that would push me farther away from her, by the laws of the cosmos (God). I want to be with her ASAP. 

• Like 3
  • Hugs 1

• Members

John, my husbands birthday is coming up on August 5, he would have turned 70.  I think I read that that date is important to you as well.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

• Members

LennyD,

I do understand the roller coaster analogy, I hate that any of us are here for the reason we are here. I also agree with the suicide thoughts as I have always been "told" the same thing and would NEVER want to risk the chance of not being with my wife again. I also was not even thinking about this situation as we were not aware of her health situation. We thought we would be the old couple like her Grandparents, who were married "forever" and died within 2 weeks of each other. It was always how I HOPED it would be.  Sadly I have been grieving a little longer and have yet to make it one day without crying "all" the time. I HOPE that the support you do have is there for you and can make it "easier" for you (at least at times) to make it through. I am TRYING but I am mostly ALONE and it is HARD for me.

• Like 1

• Members

annie123,

Yes, that is my wife's Birthday as well she would have been 54. I don't KNOW if I can handle it as the other days were HARD enough without her. Our sons birthday was in April, Mothers Day and Fathers Day and "all" of the other "holidays" that triggered me as well as "every" weekend because she worked mostly Monday through Thursday so she should be "here" NOW. Everything is such a trigger for me. I have "always" said that since there is only 366 possible days of any year something "bad" (or good) has happened on ONE of them and now there is this reminder that I was RIGHT. The date of her Birthday is "good" but it will trigger bad for me and then mine is in September (6 months after her death) so there will be that and then if I am STILL alive the HOLIDAY season will be just around the corner and she LOVED the "family" time which is now so sorely lacking and I DREAD that so much. I know I'm supposed to not look too far into the future right now but me brain doesn't listen to me.

• Like 1
  • Hugs 3

• Members
9 hours ago, june483 said:

It was a great party but now I have had to accept his loss and am building my solo life. 

june483:  I am 57 and I think if I was younger say, in my 20's or early 30's, I could learn to approach life in a new way but at this stage, I don't see myself changing much. Most of who I am is because of my husband and marriage. It was the second marriage for both of us and when we married, everything seemed to fall into place. It felt right and we forged ahead with building a life together. Now he's not here to make plans with. Everything I ever thought of included him. 

I remember years back a therapist told me that depending on the type of trauma we experience and how often we have experienced trauma and the older we get, the longer it may take to "bounce back" from it. That's why I am thinking that at my age I am going to need a lot more time. I am even wondering if I will just have to somehow carry this grief with me for the rest of my life and instead of wondering when the pain will start to subside, maybe I need to learn how to live with it and take it with me. But in a way that is not self-destructive. 

• Like 1
  • Hugs 3

• Members

tnd,

6 minutes ago, tnd said:

I remember years back a therapist told me that depending on the type of trauma we experience and how often we have experienced trauma and the older we get, the longer it may take to "bounce back" from it. That's why I am thinking that at my age I am going to need a lot more time. I am even wondering if I will just have to somehow carry this grief with me for the rest of my life and instead of wondering when the pain will start to subside, maybe I need to learn how to live with it and take it with me. But in a way that is not self-destructive. 

If this is true then either I am going to "live" a long painful life or I am going to die SOON because of all of the grief I am feeling. I have had "more" than my share of traumatic events  and this one is the absolute worst one ever and that statement is not a challenge for God to show me I'm wrong. I do know that I will DIE with this GRIEF just don't know WHEN I will die.

• Like 1
  • Hugs 2

• Members
23 minutes ago, John9 said:

If this is true then either I am going to "live" a long painful life or I am going to die SOON because of all of the grief I am feeling.

John9:  Its not the same but I have been living with physical pain from different medical conditions for a very long time now. Some days the pain gnaws at me, other days it's enough to bring tears to my eyes. And then when I was diagnosed with Pulmonary Sarcoidosis, a whole other level of pain hit me. I can't take pain pills and don't really want to so I've  had to learn to live with it. Not easy. I've had to teach myself all kinds of tricks to distract myself from the pain. And now I have pain from grief. Nothing I have ever felt before. It is by far the worst. I have no friggin' idea how I am to cope and live with this kind of pain. At least not yet anyways. But I get the feeling I am going to have draw on some of my own past experience to get me through. I'm not there yet. I think the therapist taught me that when we don't bounce back as we'd like to be able to do that we have to learn to accept that while ALSO looking to the future. There are things we can think of or do each day for ourselves or for when the pain becomes too great. One of those things is taking a step back from the situation and literally taking a deep breath to bring things down a notch and let the brain switch gears. So if I cry, I cry. Then I breathe.   

• Like 2
  • Hugs 1

• Members

tnd,

Many years ago I went to my Doctor for something and one of the questions they ask is any aches or pains and my answer was that there isn't any day that I don't have pain. I got to the point where it doesn't do any good to tell them because I can't take drugs all my life because mostly it is from years of abusing my body physically and "getting" old. My wife was also in a state of "pain" for basically the same reasons but she took over the counter pain pills and it probably didn't help her in the end but that's a "what if" rabbit hole I can't go down. 15 years or so ago I herniated some disks in my neck and with TLC from my wife and DRUGS (which caused double vision) and 2 weeks bed rest I made it through and since then I have good days and bad and always said I'm up and dressed what more do you want. I don't say this to compare situations but the point is yes we all try to figure out how to cope with LIFE and everything it throws at us but this is DIFFERENT than anything else EVER. I have said that my wife "controlled" (kept in check) my emotions and this is part of my problem. How do I cope when my coping partner is gone. I don't know the future but I know it is without my wife , at least here on earth.

• Like 2
  • Hugs 1

• Members
3 minutes ago, John9 said:

since then I have good days and bad and always said I'm up and dressed what more do you want. I don't say this to compare situations but the point is yes we all try to figure out how to cope with LIFE and everything it throws at us but this is DIFFERENT than anything else EVER. I have said that my wife "controlled" (kept in check) my emotions and this is part of my problem.

John9:  I don't know but maybe we have to figure out how to apply past coping mechanisms we've learned. I think I may have just learned something from your statement "I'm up and dressed what more do you want". It's blunt and maybe a little sarcastic but truthful. My own brother tried marginalizing my grief by comparing it to when my SIL lost her father and when a friend lost her son. Okay, those are terrible terrible losses but NOT the same as losing your spouse! There is pain and then there is PAIN. I might have to get inside my own head and go down real deep to figure out how to live without my husband. I would rather have 100 root canals than to have lost him.  

• Like 1
  • Hugs 2

• Members

tnd,

You hit the nail on the head and that point is "WHAT" they don't get. I have had many many deaths in my life and NOTHING has been as PAINFUL as the death of my wife. I just told her Aunt last week that even though she KNEW her for her whole life (she's 5 years older than my wife) the difference is the relationship. She was my wife who was my EVERYTHING she was her niece who she spent time with when they were younger and she talked to a couple of times a month and came over for dinner once in awhile. I know she loved her but not like I LOVE(D) her. There is the intimacy of the marriage which magnifies the level of LOVE for me at least. Add to that all of the things I have already written and you can see why I come here. I NEED to come here and vent and discuss and "learn". I also NEED my wife but as we KNOW that isn't possible.

• Like 2
  • Hugs 1

• Members
41 minutes ago, John9 said:

I just told her Aunt last week that even though she KNEW her for her whole life (she's 5 years older than my wife) the difference is the relationship.

John9:  People can have many friends, many cousins and many aunts and uncles but we only had ONE spouse. The difference IS all in the relationship. Most of us don't go from being single one day and married the next. We've usually started some sort of relationship first. And yet, we suddenly found ourselves going from being in a marriage with our spouse to being alone.  I mean, to us, marriage meant two people were involved. It takes two. Seems so against anything that makes sense. How can it be that we "build up to committing to marriage" but suddenly what we knew as being our marriage becomes "no marriage"? So while I may have to accept that my husband isn't coming back, I do not know how to accept the "now you see it and now you don't" part of it. As if our marriage disappeared with him. Or am I to now continue on with the patience and hope that we will be rejoined later? I think the pain from grief is going to continue until I can be rejoined with my husband. And the only way I can think of surviving that (if I do) is by drawing on my past experience dealing with pain. It's a different kind of pain but nonetheless, pain. Emotionally and physically. 

• Like 1
  • Hugs 1

• Members

tnd,

Again this is why for "me" it is so HARD, the process of building the relationship was "slow" and the "destruction" of it  was so "fast". I have said I STILL consider myself married but I KNOW it isn't REALISTIC in the real world because she isn't coming back to me. I said before it was LOVE at first sight for me and it took her a little longer to "SEE" me that way but when WE committed it was ALL IN. I had ANOTHER bad night last night and when I CRAWLED out of bed it is raining again which is just a "perfect" way to start a crappy day. Many years ago this would be the day WE would just stay in bed and "cuddle" because we would not have had to get up, but those days ended about 12 years ago when my caregiving started. No free "US" time to just relax and as she would say vegout. It was just one of the things we were looking forward to after MIL finally dies from her dementia, OUR time without the responsibility of OTHERS. WE didn't know about the health issues she had BUT if and when we found out I WOULD HAVE taken CARE of her because I took care of EVERYONE ELSE and I know I said that before but again I come here to post my feelings and vent and this I NEED to VENT. This is TEARING me apart everyday and no matter what I have LEARNED in the past, it didn't prepare me for this. I had told her a few weeks before all of this started that I was TRYING to not let ANYTHING bother me that I couldn't control and it just blew up in my face with all of this PAIN and STRESS and everything else.

• Like 1
  • Hugs 3

• Members

I think losing a spouse/partner is different in the way that, when you and your spouse are in a committed long term relationship, you are a team, you grow together and you literally become one.  When you lose your partner you also lose part of yourself and your identity.   I am not just mourning the loss of my husband, I am also mourning the loss of me.  I am having to get to know myself all over again amidst the pain of grief.

• Like 1
  • Hugs 3

• Members

june483,

"I" said that when my wife died "OUR LIFE" died and what you said is just what I meant the life we built and grew ended when she died and NOW I have to figure out what to do. I also said and read something about your "better" half and I stated that my wife was 75 percent and it was explained that when "they" die not only do they take 50 percent of the partnership but they also take 50 percent of "you" or something to that effect. I also said it took me 35 years to be at the "stage" or level of love I had and maybe it will take 35 years to recover from the loss. I LOVE(D) her more and more each day and I MISS her more and more each day. We were a team in the married couple way but also in the care of her Mother and that was when we truly found out what LOVE was. I still do what I do because of that LOVE and will as long as I can.

• Like 3
  • Hugs 1

• Members

LennyD,

I was slightly older when my wife and I got together, I was 26 she was 18 and for the last 35 years we have been together with very few exceptions( a night or 2 here or there) and I HATE being ALONE. I have commented about someone choosing to be single and someone FORCED to be single and we ALL have been FORCED to be. I was single when we met and that part of my life I left in the past and didn't expect to be again and like you I expected to die together like her Grandparents 2 weeks apart or sooner. I also sadly agree that the emptiness echoes but MY HEART and SOUL left when she died.

• Like 1
  • Hugs 3

• Members
5 hours ago, KayC said:

Yes, that is what I have done, I carry my grief inside of me, it's never gone, it's there, it's like you live partly in the world but part of you is in grief too, I've learned to coexist with my grief.

KayC:  I don't know what co-existing with grief looks like for me yet, I suppose it's different with everybody. The pandemic made me sad and I know it changed how I look at the world and feel about people. I think I have more compassion now and try to be less judgmental. I try to have more of an opened mind. I just hope grief doesn't end up making me bitter or too depressing to be around. You've seemed to have put your grief to good use to help people who are struggling with it. That's what I call "positivity". I think you've done your George proud! 

• Like 3
  • Hugs 1

• Moderators
19 hours ago, june483 said:

When you lose your partner you also lose part of yourself and your identity.

Absolutely!

And for those who don't know what I'm talking about, when I say coexist with my grief, it took me years to, in those early years it's all encompassing, it literally shatters you, shatters your world, everything is upended in the blink of an eye!  Your in shock, don't know where to start, panicked, it's the hardest thing I've ever been through!  I hear you, I feel you.

17 hours ago, tnd said:

KayC:  I don't know what co-existing with grief looks like for me yet, I suppose it's different with everybody. The pandemic made me sad and I know it changed how I look at the world and feel about people. I think I have more compassion now and try to be less judgmental. I try to have more of an opened mind. I just hope grief doesn't end up making me bitter or too depressing to be around. You've seemed to have put your grief to good use to help people who are struggling with it. That's what I call "positivity". I think you've done your George proud! 

Thank you!

18 hours ago, John9 said:

I LOVE(D) her

I do this too...speak in both past and present tense because it includes both!  We recognize that our life with them is past, but they are currently still a part of us and our love continues, hence the present tense.

• Like 4

• Moderators

I don't know, but it could be, I would take it as such as it's a comfort!

• Like 2

• Members
23 hours ago, John9 said:

Anyway my "question" is would the fact that I haven't thought about that since it happened in 1986 could this be an attempt to contact me or am I "wanting" it to be or does it matter because it is such a happy memory.

John9:  I'd say that your wife sent those flowers as a way to show her love for you and wanted it to be memorable. You are remembering and I'd say that is exactly what she wanted. 

• Hugs 1

• Members

tnd,

I "took" it that way, it was just "funny" that I hadn't thought about that since she did it really. I know that my memories are ALL I have left of her and that is ONE of the best ones I have because it was the FIRST time a "girl" had even acknowledged me in "that" way. I have been "looking" for signs from her since she died and maybe I am grasping for them but maybe not. It is just SO HARD without her and it's not getting better. I am so tired of this feeling and how much it HURTS and that is after my son called me yesterday and my wife's Aunt visited.

• Hugs 3

• Members

John9:  I am SO glad to hear well, read, that your son called and your wife's aunt visited. Oh, I hope you keep it going. Maybe they will realize that by talking/visiting that it not only helps you but could help them as well. They may not say it but you can bet that they have their own fair amount of grief. I just think that when people are able to help each other, a lot of good comes from it and as an individual, whether we are told or not, we can flourish from it in some way. 

I am wondering if you might consider revisiting those rose bushes the deer were snacking on.   

• Like 1