Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Lost my mom last week

Lisa S.

• Members

My mom battled cancer for five years and died last week. I found out the next day my ex also died. And the day after that I lost a friend. It’s too much and I don’t have any interest in doing anything besides sleeping and watching tv. It was so much loss at once. 

• Hugs 1

• Members

Dear Lisa,

My deepest sympathies and condolences. I am so sorry for the loss of your mother, ex and dear friend. Be kind and gentle to yourself during this very sad and difficult time. Grief takes a toll and it's normal to need more rest. Please know if you need additional support there are many resources in the community, through church and online.

Thinking of you. Sending my thoughts and prayers.

• Members

Thank you for your kind words. I really appreciate your reply as I really don’t have anyone to talk to about any of this.

• Members
bereaveddaughter

Hey Lisa,

Hope you feel better soon. You can talk about it here whenever you feel like. It takes time to heal so until then, don't be too hard on yourself. Do whatever makes you happy and keeps you busy.

Praying for you.

• Members
Beatrixszabo

Hi Lisa. My mom battled ovarian cancer and I lost her last week (unexpectedly) . I'm lost, lonely and orphaned. I don't know how to deal with this loss. You are not alone. I feel.the same.

• Members

My mom passed last Sunday from Covid related complications.

I am heartbroken and I am having a hard time accepting this. 

She spend 3 weeks in hospital, alone and afraid.

I feel so guilty because she contracted Covid at my 40th Birthday celebration. I keep wondering if there is more I could have done to save her.

I could have loved and appreciated her more while she was still here.

She was far too young. She had such a zest for life. I just can't understand and the pain of not having her here is unbearable.

• Members
Louise macdonald

Awe my heart aches for you it really does. I believe when we come into this world our destiny out is already mapped. Plz don't feel guilty. I know how u feel, the  pain is overwhelming at times, sometimes I want to die. Its horrific. 

• Members
Louise macdonald
On 6/16/2021 at 7:07 PM, Lisa S. said:

Thank you for your kind words. I really appreciate your reply as I really don’t have anyone to talk to about any of this.

Lauren talk to me. I will talk to you. 

My head is all over the place, I don't know where u live...doesn't matter I'm in the UK, I really hope we could help each other. I feel everything u are feeling, the pain is unbearable Lauren, its terrible. 

• Members
Missmybeautifulmum

I lost my mum just over 4 weeks ago,  also my older sister died last August (both had life limiting illnesses but also both died suddenly,  I wasn't able to be there with them). I was coping ok with my sister's death on the whole but my mum dying has made me completely give up at the moment. I have no energy or motivation for anything except for when my partner or a friend gets me to do something like go for a walk. I feel pretty suicidal at times but I can't really tell anyone that. The days feel so long and I just want them to pass quickly. My mum and I were so extremely close and I always knew I would find the loss of her unbearable. Trying to turn to spirituality but it's not helping much at the moment. I miss my mum SO MUCH. 

• Members
Louise macdonald

I lost my mum four weeks ago today, the pain is tremendous. Sending love. 

14 minutes ago, April m said:

I just lost my mom 2 weeks ago and I need to talk to anyone who will listen cause I have no one

Hey message me.