Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Loss of Both Parents

court92

• Members

I have been wanting to reach out to like minded individuals for months now but haven't chose to seek it out until today.

I am 19 years old and I lost my mother in 1996 when I was 4, and my father last year in April a week after I turned 18. I have moved to a new place, somewhere close to my family, and have been struggling to piece everything back together again with zero success. It's very difficult for me to get close to anybody anymore, it's terrifying to me to even begin to open up. I never talk anymore or share my experiences or feelings anymore. I don't ask anyone for help, so I wallow in half done projects hoping someone notices and offers a hand. I live with regret, guilt, anxiety and paranoia on a regular basis, including a case of hypochondria considering both died from aneurysms.

I have no idea what to do with myself or how I feel, the physical pain that this brings is unreal and I wish I had an outlet.

Do any of you have words of comfort or wisdom for a struggling adolescent with little guidance?

• Members

Hi,

I'm happy that you finally decided to reach out to people. I feel the more you talk, and as people respond to you it will make you feel better. You'll be surprise, but it has helped me when I hear others people words of wisdom. Sometimes our own mind plays tricks on us and it can hurts us.

You said you moved close to family. I hope they are giving you the support you need.

Archived