Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Is it ok?

Helena Louis

• Members
Helena Louis

Is it ok to cry every day for almost half a year? Everything is a trigger. In the beginning it was somehow easier but I guess that's because I was in denial. It is hard to breathe.

I can't seem to put myself together and there are a lot of responsibilities to take care of. Life gives no time-offs. Feel like drawing.

• Members

Hi Helena Louis, 

I am very sorry for your loss. I lost my father on 2nd of January this year so it is almost 6 month-ish. I cry everyday although I don't cry all day like I did in the first 2 month so you are not alone. Everything reminds me of my father and I miss him everyday. I think about what-ifs. I don't know how to keep going and cannot imagine my life without my father. I still do my routines and work but all I think about is my father and what he would say to me. I don't know whether it is ok to cry every day but that is what I feel and do anyways so I am avoiding anything and anyone that does not make me feel it is not ok for me to be what I am right now. I also feel like drawing at times but I let myself feel as that is what I need right now. 

• Angel Wings 1

• Members

I am so sorry for your loss.  I lost my mom from cancer last fall and my dad died unexpectedly six months later.  I have cried every day for nearly nine months, sometimes multiple times a day.  I wish I had some advice but losing our parents is just awful.  Hugs to you.

• Members
bereaveddaughter

Hi Helena,

I cry in all good and bad times, thinking about my dad. I think we can't really control our tears. Initially, when I was staying at my dad's after his demise, literally everything reminded me of him

A table, which used to be on his side with his water bottle and his blue coloured glass ,

Tissue box on that table to wipe his mucus(sometimes blood) off because of excessive coughing (lung cancer)

A dustbin, near the table, where he would throw those tissues away himself so we don't have to pick those :(

the sofa where he breathed his last

We tried to change different furniture settings so that we could breathe in the same house after he left us.