Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Dad passed away not due to covid but during covid

DaddysGirl1986

• Members
DaddysGirl1986

My dad passed away in 2020 due to the medical system failing him over years, it is so hard to know my dad won't be at my big life events due to the doctors not doing their necessary follow ups. I have been staying strong for my mom and my younger brother. My friends try to support but they don't know what it feels like to loose a parent we are in our 30's. I feel like I was robbed of so many experience and my dad was robbed of meeting new members of the family as they come in.

• Members
unluckydaughter

Dear DaddysGirl1986, sorry for your loss. I could quickly relate with your pain as I lost my father a month ago, I’m also in my early 30s and  my mom and younger brother are devastated along with me.

I totally get when you say how our friends who try to support have no idea what it feels like to lose a parent. This is true with my husband as well. They just want us to get diverted, reminisce good memories of dad and not cry or be sad because what has happened is irreversible. This makes me all the more sad. My days just go by sunk in thoughts of what happened to our once-happy family and why.

If you read my post Unlucky daughter you’ll know how I’m equally shattered just like you, and the worst part was that I couldn’t see my father finally. I live in a different country and still haven’t been able to meet my mom or younger brother who is more like my baby. They both had to face the unfortunate situation all by themselves and couldn’t get anybody’s help due to covid situation. I’m filled with guilt and sadness. I want to hug them and cry my heart out because only they can understand my pain. Others just don’t, which made me write in this forum.

Covid has left lots and lots of families devastated, irrespective of what the patients suffered from. There are parents who lost healthy children to covid, infants who became orphans and what not.

I wish you strength to overcome your loss.