Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Just a suggestion!

Roxeanne

• Members

Hi everybody!

I went to the cinema yesterday, they just reopened here in Italy. It is my first movie at the cinema since october!

I saw "nomadland"...and i was owerwhelmed by emotions...'cos it was the life i wanted to do after my loss! In any case i couldn't done it due to my health problems, but it was and is what my heart wish...leave it all behind me, be on the road with comrades who understand, who knows..

Frances Mcdormand is a great actress and in this movie is " the tough guy in town" ...she plays a woman who lost her husband (and her job) and simply left everything behind .

It was very moving for me and i cried...cry for me now it's not painful, it's liberating!

And also when i go to the cinema i have to face the fact that i went with him, that he was holding my hands all the time, making funny comments  and be moved...i even stared at the armchairs we were seated! In the first times it was almost unbearable ! But i forced myself to do it...and it was good! And it's a good training....Roxi:wub:

• Members

Frances is a brilliant actress but for me she will always be Marge from Fargo.

I want to see Nomadland. I am glad you are giving it a thumbs up.

• Members

I saw Nomadland on Hulu I believe.  Quite a touching movie. The acting was absolutely  phenomenal.  I’m glad you enjoyed it so much Roxeanne. 

• Members
49 minutes ago, Perro J said:

Frances is a brilliant actress but for me she will always be Marge from Fargo.

Yes Perro...she was unforgettable as Marge in Fargo!

But also Mildred in "Three Billboard outside..."

I like her and her characters...they are tough women with a tender heart who wants live a non-trivial life...

• Members
54 minutes ago, steveb said:

I’m glad you enjoyed it so much Roxeanne. 

Thanks Steve !

Maybe the movie is also about a social meaning, poor guys that have not the chance to have social garantees

But i am moved by a woman who is grieving the loss of her husband...the whole movie has  the bittersweet taste of sadness...of those who heal even without wanting to...a bit like me !

• Members

Just finished watching it. It is intense and very realistic. When she returns to the modest house she shared with her husband at the end...it really made me think back to our first house as newlyweds. We didn't have that magnificent backdrop, but we did take several trips to Colorado. The film is so lonely though. But she wasn't happy being cooped up in a normal family life

• Members
5 hours ago, CMW said:

The film is so lonely though. But she wasn't happy being cooped up in a normal family life

Lonely and intense indeed...i found myself hoping that she accept to live a new relantioship....that's what i would have done !

But that woman is very tough...she seems carved in pain!

Thanks CMW for watching the movie and let me know your feelings... Ciao Roxi

• Members

I think just going to a movie theater, no matter what the movie is, will be heartwrenching for me. Going to the movie theater is something my husband and I did, often. It always involved a meal out, before or after. We had such easy fun together.  

I expect one day I will go to a movie theater again, but I think it will feel like one of those hard firsts, that were so common and painful in the first 12 months. 

Gail

Archived