Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Loss of a grandparent

Omw92

• Members

Good evening, 

I loss my grandmother who was my mother less than a year ago. I never had time to deal with the loss because four days after she passed I had my son. I was in the hospital when she passed and was unable to attend her funeral. I cry when I’m alone and hide the feeling when I’m around others because who always wants to focus on death. I have never posted but today I’m feeling really down. 

• Members

I’m so sorry to hear that. The hard part with loss is still having to go on as normal after what society tells us has been enough time to grieve. 

• Members
48 minutes ago, Omw92 said:

I’m so sorry to hear that. The hard part with loss is still having to go on as normal after what society tells us has been enough time to grieve. 

Agreed! I felt like i couldn't grieve in the beginning because i had a new born and I was the one there for my brother. Someone had to be strong. I feel like because i was strong for so long my grieving has been continuous and gets worse around holidays. My brother fell into addiction so I often feel alone in what i'm feeling. I'm so sorry for you loss as well. I truly understand! its night time when kids are in bed I just break down. 

Archived