Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Dealing with losing my mum then going into lockdown!

Kittyf88

• Members

I lost my mum very suddenly to advance lung cancer in September 2020 we only had 3 weeks with her. The pain is worse when everyone disappears and your left to find who you are, what is life, what is your purpose in life and what is your role after years of caring for others. I wonder if I am the only person that thinks if lockdown didn't happen would it be easier to deal with. Does this pain ever get easier? 

• Members

I lost my mom in January.  I completely agree; I too am struggling with all the questions you expressed.  I have always taken care of my mom, been there for her even before she moved in with us and I became her full time caregiver after she was diagnosed with cancer.  She was my best friend.  I too feel the restrictions are making this even more unbearable.  Too many life changing events for anyone to have to deal with.  Not being able to be with friends and family.  And nothing feels "normal".  I don't know what normal is for me anymore.  It terrifies me I will never feel "normal" again.

• Members

I completely understand I lived with my mum aswell. I lost my mum in September 2020, we only had 3 weeks with her, the cancer spread to her brain. I have recently started back to work it has helped to keep my mind busy, nothing will be normal again hopefully the restrictions ease and we can find a new normal, heal and piece our lives back together without our beautiful mums in our lives but always with us in spirt ❤️

Archived