Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

How do I go on?

Kneedown4GOD

• Members
Kneedown4GOD

I lost my father yesterday. He was my world. My best friend, my mentor my business partner, I mean my everything. We lived and worked together my whole life. I never married to take care of him and my mother.  Now he’s gone and moms in the hospital and I’m in a Covid quarantine so I can’t even be around anybody to help me thru this. It’s literally a nightmare I wish I could wake up from. I’m a man of faith but this is the faith test of my life. I don’t even know how to start to live without him. 

• Members

Dear Kneedown4GOD,

I am so sorry for your loss. You are a very devoted and loving son. It's very hard to lose a parent when you've had such a close and loving relationship. It takes a long time to process our grief for a beloved parent. Be kind and gentle to yourself and know you are not alone. Keep taking it moment by moment for now.

Sending my thoughts and prayers.

Archived