Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Mom Passed Away From Cancer

mccarthyr3

• Members

Hi, my mom has passed away from cancer 5 months ago. Normally I have never been the type to handle emotions all to well and have never been able to vocalize them much. Im also diagnosed with Bipolar One and Autism. Lately my depression has gotten worse. I would like advice on how I can cope while battling emotional issues. Please do not say medication I already take some. I also journal.

• Members

Dear mccarthyr3,

I am so sorry for your loss.  Losing a parent is devastating and it is important to find the right supports. I know it's even harder now with Covid.

I'm not sure if you are interested but I would look at grief counselling, grief support group, and other online supports. I found these websites very helpful.

What's Your Grief

Grief Healing Blog

Grief in Common

Grief Share

Grief Recovery Method

Tiny Buddha.

Please no there is no right way or wrong way to grieve. We all handle things differently and it might take some trial and error. I hope you find something that gives you additional support and comfort. Thinking of you.

Archived