Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

My 2 year old cat, my baby boy died suddenly

cell1096

• Members

I’m writing this in hopes that it makes me feel better. On Tuesday night my almost 3 year old male tabby, Whiskey passed away of sudden heart disease and it has just been a nightmare. I wish I could have been home when it happened so I could’ve been there for him, I had just left the house when it happened but I’m glad that for some reason I gave him the longest goodbye filled with squeezes and kisses right before I left. My sister rushed him to the vet hospital where they tried their best to resuscitate him but he was already gone . I got him when I was 7 months pregnant and he was 4 weeks old he was my first little baby. I gave him kitten formula and weaned him to normal cat food. He was the most handsome boy ever, so lazy loved to see that you were going to nap so he could join you. His first year was the cutest as a kitten he have us so many laughs and moments of joy. Everyone in the houses became closer to each other because of him.  I’m so hurt that he was so young. I would always imagine him turning into an old grumpy cat and how he would like his human brother more once he was older. He will be so missed by me and his kitty sister. It breaks my heart even more to see my female cat just going all around looking for him. This was completely out of no where, he was healthy, he was strong I never thought this would happen to him so soon  He was my “baby boy” “little Miskey” “the most handsome kitty in the world” “the love of my life” “sikawis” and many other nicknames I made up for him. He was my first real pet since I was never allowed to have pets as a kid. I can’t believe you are gone sweet boy, you will never come to the door and greet again or wake me up in the middle of the night bc you’re being playful. I will never get to feel you again you had the softest silkiest fur :( Please visit in my dreams ❤️

1B50EF68-4756-44E8-B9F4-BDABD54CC288.jpeg

DF7A60A8-105F-420F-8AAD-1C1F8AADEBAB.jpeg

A9C8B112-33B6-4F47-912D-1A1B0431FCE3.jpeg

• Like 3

• Moderators

I am so sorry for your loss, and so young.  He's beautiful.  I have also lost cats that young, it feels very unfair, one following the sudden loss of my husband.  Mine was named Chappy, only got him for two years.

I hope this brings you some comfort as it does me...
Comfort for Grieving Animal Lovers
Grieving Pet

• Like 1

• Members

I'm so sorry to read about your loss. He's so cute. You loved him and he knew. Im sure he will visit in a dream, they are so comforting. 

• Like 2

• Members

So sorry to read about your sudden loss. :( He's so adorable. I know how painful this must be right now. My heart goes out to you. 

• Like 2

• Members

I’m so sorry to hear about Whiskey. His pictures are beautiful! I too just lost my 2 year old cat suddenly on Thursday. This grieving forum has really helped to feel not so alone with this devastating news. The pictures and memories are proof that he was such a treasure. Just think of him as the healthiest version of himself who is waiting for his mama. I hope your days get a little better, little by little. I hope he comes to visit you like my Cleo did me. 
Have a blessed night

• Like 2

• Moderators
8 hours ago, Lexie said:

Just think of him as the healthiest version of himself who is waiting for his mama. I hope your days get a little better, little by little.

My feelings too!  :wub:

• Like 1