Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

A big (((Thank You Hug))) to Everyone here

Bennie Jets

• Members

It's 4 weeks tomorrow since my angel died and left me here alone - I still can't really believe it - I found this forum a few days after he died (Wow! What a great help!) and started posting a few days after that.

Your presence on this forum has been a tremendous help for me!  (((Thank you sooo much!!!!)))  Thank you for posting and sharing and reacting and responding and making me realize that, while I no longer have Alan, I am not all alone in the world with this! I am not the only one feeling this! I am not going crazy!

It is like when all the other kids go home to dinner and you are alone on the playground and nobody calls you home, because for some strange reason your home is suddenly gone. It gets cold and dark and you have nowhere to go. And then you see a group of kids in the dark at the edge of the playground who wave you over. They have a little campfire going and some bread and hot chocolate and marshmellows to roast. You still can't go home and it is still cold and dark, but not quite so scary anymore. They let you sit with them. How are we all going to manage? Who knows. But at least we can breathe for a moment and someone has our back during this great shock. There is some sweet human kindness to sip to get our emotional blood sugar back up a tad.

I get too carried away. It is hard to find the right words. I just wanted to say Thank you!!!! and attempt to let you know how I feel.

This video at minute 21:38 is also saying what I feel - she compares it to each of us cutting our path through the same Amazon jungle, seperately but being within earshot of each other. When we have trouble making it, we can yell for help and there is someone there who understands, who may have run into something similar before.

It makes a world of difference to me to be together in this versus all alone.

(74) Living With Loss Series: Loss of a Spouse - YouTube

• Members

Bennie Jets you put it so beautifully. I would also like to add my thanks to you and everyone else here. This forum has helped me through many dark nights when I felt so alone.

• Members
6 minutes ago, LMR said:

Bennie Jets you put it so beautifully. I would also like to add my thanks to you and everyone else here. This forum has helped me through many dark nights when I felt so alone.

Yes - agree totally - people being available 'round the clock is also incredibly helpful. You are *never* alone.

• Members

Bennie Jets, 

You have helped many people with your sharing and your words of encouragement. Especially remarkable in light of how  recent your loss is. 

Thank you.

Gail

• Members

Totally agree. Bennie Jets, your writing is so eloquent, meaningful and exactly what we are encountering.  Thank you, thank you, and keep writing.   

• Moderators

And I personally am glad each of you are here!  We are all in this together, whether a new loss or we've been at it a while.  As we all know, this is a lifelong journey and it helps so much to have others to go through it with.  

• Members

Bennie Jets, I also thank you for your posts. I really liked your links to YouTube videos talking about grief and loneliness. That video on loneliness really left me with a greater appreciation of what all of us our going through. Thanks. :)

• Members

Bennie Jets, thank you for writing such a touching post.  I’m glad this site gives you comfort in your time of need.  This forum is truly a blessing.

• Members
It's 4 weeks tomorrow since my angel died and left me here alone - I still can't really believe it - I found this forum a few days after he died (Wow! What a great help!) and started posting a few days after that.
Your presence on this forum has been a tremendous help for me!  (((Thank you sooo much!!!!)))  Thank you for posting and sharing and reacting and responding and making me realize that, while I no longer have Alan, I am not all alone in the world with this! I am not the only one feeling this! I am not going crazy!
It is like when all the other kids go home to dinner and you are alone on the playground and nobody calls you home, because for some strange reason your home is suddenly gone. It gets cold and dark and you have nowhere to go. And then you see a group of kids in the dark at the edge of the playground who wave you over. They have a little campfire going and some bread and hot chocolate and marshmellows to roast. You still can't go home and it is still cold and dark, but not quite so scary anymore. They let you sit with them. How are we all going to manage? Who knows. But at least we can breathe for a moment and someone has our back during this great shock. There is some sweet human kindness to sip to get our emotional blood sugar back up a tad.
I get too carried away. It is hard to find the right words. I just wanted to say Thank you!!!! and attempt to let you know how I feel.
This video at minute 21:38 is also saying what I feel - she compares it to each of us cutting our path through the same Amazon jungle, seperately but being within earshot of each other. When we have trouble making it, we can yell for help and there is someone there who understands, who may have run into something similar before.
It makes a world of difference to me to be together in this versus all alone.

Thank you for your post and the video. I was having an extremely hard time tonight and it soothed me.

Sent from my iPhone using Grieving.com

Archived