Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Valentines

BBB

• Members

I can already see this day is going to suck. Everyone getting their significant other flowers while my option is putting flowers on my wife's grave. This is my 1st Valentine's day to deal with. 

• Members

I am traveling to visit her family and will be there on Valentine's Day. I hope to make it to her tomb with flowers on that day as well. I may not get there that day, but I will be at least close to it. I am happy to see her family but I am a bit scared that the trip will open the wound again. I remember our first Valentine's Day together. We went to a seafood restaurant. I have a photo of her and I together there. The waitress was kind enough to offer to take the photo for us. This will be my first one without her as well. Hard to fathom.

• Members

Yeah I agree that day is going to be miserable for me, because it's not just Valentine's day, but also his birthday. He would of been 40 years old my handsome, beautiful, amazing angel. So I understand...

• Members

I dread the day already. I'll probably stay home and cry all day. I can't visit her tomb because the mausoleum is closed. For us, it was always a special day, now it will be a painful one for me.

• Members

I lost him very recently. We were 6 years together, but we didn't use to do anything special on valentines day. He was not very romantic I terms of flowers and such. So 3 years ago he came home with a pot of flowers with a silly "love" sign on them. It was actually my first silly valentines gift ever. Noone ever got me something like this before. I was so happy. I didn't get him anything this day. Next year I bought him a present, I don't remember what, and he didn't. I acted "mad" just to joke around, and he said to me that I didn't get him anything last year either. This year, I had already bought him a t-shirt with a funny print I knew he would love. I was thinking whether to give it to him or keep it for valentines day. I kept it. And now he is gone. And the t shirt is still hidden away so he doesn't see it. 

• Members

For the first time in 28 years, Valentine’s Day will not be a happy day for me, either. My husband and I had our first date on Valentine’s Day, and later married on Valentine’s Day, as well. He brought me flowers on our first date, and has sent me flowers every Valentine’s Day since.  This will be my first Valentine’s Day and anniversary without him. I don’t yet know what I will do. I know it will not be the happy occasion it has been since I met him, but I really want to try and find a way to remember and honor our love, our marriage, and all the very happy times we had together, even though the thought of spending that day without him is nearly unbearable. We were both married before and found each other later in our lives. Even though he is gone from me much too soon, I still feel so fortunate to have had that kind of love at all. I wish us all a little peace and comfort on that very difficult day.

• Members

We didn't used to make a big deal of Valentine's day but we did always give each other a card. I have kept a lot of them, not quite 48 years worth. I think I might put a couple on the shelf. I still have a couple of his birthday cards set out. We couldn't get to the store because of Covid so I chose a couple of old favorites, now I can't bear to put them away.

I have already had a meltdown at the store a month ago, the first time I encountered the display and realised I didn't need to buy one this year.

• Members

On our first Valentines Day together, before we were married, Richard gave me flowers.  The next year he didn't give me a gift.  He said 'I already gave you a Valentine gift'. 

We would laugh.  It was the standing joke every year, like Valentines was a one time and your out thing. I so wish I could laugh with him this year.  I miss his humor.

• Members

I will miss forever our laughs and his tender and funny sense of humor

It's really hard to do without it!

How much i wish to laugh with him again!

Archived